A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Air From Passenger Side Vent?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Air From Passenger Side Vent?

Not sure if I have a problem or not, but I just noticed that of the 4 vents on the front dash, I am getting air from only 3 of them. The driver window and driver middle vents are blowing fine. The passenger middle vent is blowing fine. However, I am not getting any airflow from the passenger side vent by the window. The vent is in the open position, but not even a slight breeze is coming through. Zip, Nada, nothing. I'm guessing if the vent is there that I should be getting air from it? Is this going to be the first attempt to use my extended service plan?
Old 06-05-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have found a couple other reports of vent air flow issues involving a fan/motor issue (that was warranty covered). Got a service appointment for this Thursday morning at the local Audi dealer I bought my extended service plan from. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it is a known warranty item. Mine was replaced about 2 months ago at 43,000 miles on a 14 S8.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I've had a couple of back-seat passengers tell me there's little to no air coming out of the rear vents (center console, or B-pillar vents) and I couldn't feel anything either. All front vents seem to work fine.
Fan motor?
Fuse?
Pixies??
Old 06-05-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

per my repair invoice, the vent door was not turning and stuck in a closed position. The outer vent actuator assembly was removed and replaced. Here is the listed part number.
Manufacturer:Audi
  • Part Number:4H1-819-354-B
  • Part:Air Distributor
  • Replaces:4H1-819-354-A
Old 06-06-2018, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SandA6
per my repair invoice, the vent door was not turning and stuck in a closed position. The outer vent actuator assembly was removed and replaced. Here is the listed part number.
Manufacturer:Audi
  • Part Number:4H1-819-354-B
  • Part:Air Distributor
  • Replaces:4H1-819-354-A
Good to know. I will report my results back after seeing the dealer tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh my god I was coming here to put up the exact same problem I discovered.. mine is weird it creaks a little bit and puts out weak airflow at first then completely stops after about 3-4 minutes. I'm taking it in on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by kds4
Not sure if I have a problem or not, but I just noticed that of the 4 vents on the front dash, I am getting air from only 3 of them. The driver window and driver middle vents are blowing fine. The passenger middle vent is blowing fine. However, I am not getting any airflow from the passenger side vent by the window. The vent is in the open position, but not even a slight breeze is coming through. Zip, Nada, nothing. I'm guessing if the vent is there that I should be getting air from it? Is this going to be the first attempt to use my extended service plan?
Old 06-07-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So, the issue is a defroster motor (that also controls the passenger side vent near the window). Come colder weather I would have noticed the no defrost issue if DW had not pointed out the AC issue now. The repair is covered under the extended warranty. I'm happy to pay my $250 deductible versus $1,000+ out of pocket. Part ordered and due in to the dealer tomorrow. Until then, I'll just tool around in the 2018 Q5 they gave me to drive. The loaner is already making me miss my A8L (sigh).
Old 06-07-2018, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I’m taking the S8 in tomorrow

And this is the last post I made while it was being serviced heh..

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...sucks-2935198/
Old 06-09-2018, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Got mine back. Vent works great now and pushes air as well as the rest. Thought it was my lucky day when they handed me the receipt and it said 'N/C' for everything. After a couple of hours relishing my good luck I got a call at home from my service advisor who sheepishly admitted he had forgotten to take my deductible payment ... Oh well, a quick phone payment and it was done. $250 beats $1,000 any day (and I've still contributed $750 toward 'paying off' my extended warranty plan).

Quick Reply: No Air From Passenger Side Vent?