A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice thing for service rep?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice thing for service rep?

What's a nice thing that you guys do for a service rep at the dealership that takes good care of you and your car? I like my dealership and thisnoerson has taken care of me both times already, and probably more in the future.

Don't think straight tip wound be appropriate (or would it?), but maybe sending dounughts or cake to the team? Any ideas welcome. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by JZK26
What's a nice thing that you guys do for a service rep at the dealership that takes good care of you and your car? I like my dealership and thisnoerson has taken care of me both times already, and probably more in the future.

Don't think straight tip wound be appropriate (or would it?), but maybe sending dounughts or cake to the team? Any ideas welcome. Thanks.
I've given a growler of IPA to my advisor. I know of others who've given doughnuts and such.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:38 AM
D4 in PA

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Got a noon-ish appointment? Bring a large pepperoni pizza. I do this with my barber a few times a year. Also, I give the mailman a warm/cold drink every now and then depending on the weather.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

My mailman is an ******* and I don't get my mail till 5pm every night. I liv in Chicago and am one of the last people in America to get my mail. I would like to give my mailman a pink slip
Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a dedicated guy at the Lexus dealer for 13 years and would give him a gift certificate to starbucks usually $30. Aside from great service, he would find the best loaner for me as well. At Audi I also have a great dealership that has gone above the normal service but its more of a team, so not sure what I am going to do there.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by katzjamr
... At Audi I also have a great dealership that has gone above the normal service but its more of a team, so not sure what I am going to do there.
+1 rabout having a great Audi dealer and service department. I've driven in with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the SA's and techs from time to time. The dealership puts out pastries for customers, so this is something just for the service staff only. They do appreciate it. Aside from this, I've found that what's really appreciated by the SA's is just to be fair and a gentleman with them. I've seen first hand all the entitled A-holes that they have to regularly deal with and placate, and just being a mensch and treating them with proper respect gets reciprocated in many positive ways.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here in Scotland I once gave a guy at the dealer a smile when he didn't speak condescendingly to me. Mind you, that was before I had an A8, now I'm the man when I go in there!
Old 10-04-2018, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

I personally like the pizza idea, the problem that I see is most people have most likely already made lunch plans by the time you get pizza there.

Same with breakfast food.

So, I like to do snack stuff. A box of gourmet cookies is usually a big hit. But a big bag/box/assortment of chocolate gets the best response.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

every Christmas for years my service rep and mechanic received a gift wrapped 12 pack of their favorite beer. The last few years I have gone to gift cards at the best local liquor store. I really appreciate the way they take care of me!
Old 10-05-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I personally have the exact opposite.
Local Audi dealership (only one in a 90 mile radius) is truly awful and always mess something up.

Quick Reply: Nice thing for service rep?