A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering confirmed via VCDS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lowering confirmed via VCDS

So i saw a post on here another member had made in reference to the lowering of a c7 a6 via VCDS. After reading through the comments i had seen that a member with an s8 had achieved it as well. So luckily the Audi Volkswagen group where im from is full and plenty and one member had a hexcan vagcom. He let me use it and low and behold it worked! I did not do before and after measurement nor did i measure each wheel and make them all equal. I simply took the values that were there and added 17mm to each. The one issue i did have is the second part where it says you can disable the car lowering automatically over 30mph and the ability to raise it at any speed. The value for the suspension through the hidden menu was already set to 5 as mentioned in the post so i did just leave it and the car was still allowed to be raised at about 50 mph. As for the ride it seemed to me as though the road noise was increased and the suspension tightened up to where you could feel the bumps in the road, but don't get me wrong it is not bad at all and almost rides like stock still. Also looking through reflections in other cars while in motion it seems as though the car does lower a little more as the wheels look tucked but there is no rubbing at all even with three passengers in the car. Sorry for the long post but i thought i would provide as much input as i can as i seem to be the first one lowered through VCDS that actually wrote a post. All in all it took about 10-15 minutes to do through VCDS. Now on to the before and after pictures!

If uploaded in the correct order the first two pictures are before and the last three are after. It is a little hard to notice the difference in pictures but in person it is very noticeable. Went from almost a three finger gap to about two. I also did not attempt to lower more than 17mm so i cannot give further information on that in regards to if it will let you or not.
Attached Images      

Last edited by itzk15h3n; 07-30-2015 at 08:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-19-2021)
Old 07-31-2015, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good for you. I was messing with mine a few days ago and had no luck. My adaptation screen looks different than what I have seen in the posts. I could use some help. Anyone know who is the guy to ask on here?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by redpit107
Good for you. I was messing with mine a few days ago and had no luck. My adaptation screen looks different than what I have seen in the posts. I could use some help. Anyone know who is the guy to ask on here?
Specifically which part? According to the post and then when I did it when you go to front left wheel house edge you select it change values wait for it to say not running. Then need to go back up to top and o believe it says go back or stop you click that and then click on the right hand side of the "bar" that says front left wheel house edge and select the other wheel house edges and go from there. That was about the only difference I saw between the c7 a6 post.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/608556-HOW-TO-Lowering-AAS-with-VCDS

This is the post I referred to.
09S5 (04-23-2021)
Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by itzk15h3n
Specifically which part? According to the post and then when I did it when you go to front left wheel house edge you select it change values wait for it to say not running. Then need to go back up to top and o believe it says go back or stop you click that and then click on the right hand side of the "bar" that says front left wheel house edge and select the other wheel house edges and go from there. That was about the only difference I saw between the c7 a6 post.

HOW-TO: Lowering AAS with VCDS

This is the post I referred to.

Now that worked! How did you access the "green menu"?
Old 07-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Now that worked! How did you access the "green menu"?
http://www.audi-resource.com/hiddenmenud4.php

That's how to access green menu. Need to change some values in vagcom and then reset MMI and then hit car + menu. This is the part though where it says to change suspension setting to 5 in the post. However when I went to do that mine was already set to 5 so I just left it. It does still however lower at higher speeds so nothin was changed for me. At least I don't think so.

Also just pulled the car out of the garage right now and it seems to have settled more to where it's lower than the pictures I posted. Looks good though so no complaints here. My old man just took it out hopefully he doesn't notice the change to much haha.

Last edited by itzk15h3n; 07-31-2015 at 11:34 AM.
09S5 (06-13-2021)
Old 07-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by itzk15h3n
http://www.audi-resource.com/hiddenmenud4.php

That's how to access green menu. Need to change some values in vagcom and then reset MMI and then hit car + menu. This is the part though where it says to change suspension setting to 5 in the post. However when I went to do that mine was already set to 5 so I just left it. It does still however lower at higher speeds so nothin was changed for me. At least I don't think so.

Also just pulled the car out of the garage right now and it seems to have settled more to where it's lower than the pictures I posted. Looks good though so no complaints here. My old man just took it out hopefully he doesn't notice the change to much haha.
I lowered mine 10mm. I will see how it looks outside tomorrow as it was storming all day. Now to look into wheel spacers.

Have you put any video files on sd card?
Old 08-01-2015, 07:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I lowered mine 10mm. I will see how it looks outside tomorrow as it was storming all day. Now to look into wheel spacers.

Have you put any video files on sd card?
I have not tried doing video files on sd card, but if i remember correctly there is a vagcom tweak to allow watching of video while in motion. Theres plenty of other tweaks as well im looking to do but just havent got around to them yet. As for wheel spacers id suggest letting the suspension settle out for 10 mm then go back and measure what you would need for wheel spacers.

Then head over to ecstuning.com and they have plenty to choose from!
09S5 (04-23-2021)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Check my signature, the link includes the VIM mod, among other things. I found it to be distracting, so I don't use it, but if you feel you can ignore it so your passengers can watch, go for it.
09S5 (04-23-2021)
Old 08-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
Check my signature, the link includes the VIM mod, among other things. I found it to be distracting, so I don't use it, but if you feel you can ignore it so your passengers can watch, go for it.
Thanks, Jack. I have looked at your signature VCD mod list before. I did the VIM mod but have not had luck getting the MMI to play them off of SD card. I have to play with the file size a little more.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Ahh, yeah, these things seem to be picky about file size and formatting. I haven't tried to play off of an SD card or USB before. I remember this thread talking about setting up video files to be playable. He was running a 2014 A4, but the MMI software should be operating under the same basic parameters. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Lowering confirmed via VCDS