A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone had dealer problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Has anyone had dealer problems?

I was just wondering, has anyone had any audi dealer problems on here or is it just my luck? I took my car in for some minor warranty work and ended up with 4 different things damaged by the dealer instead.
They scratched my rear bumper, very deep scratch by my front passenger door hinge (they had to take the door off to replace the rubber weather strip around the door), the chrome piece outside the window on the bottom is completely loose it doesnt stay in place, and they left the wood trim molding on the back of the front passenger seat out on one side (i believe they broke the clip) as they had to take it off to make an adjustment to my rear seat entertainment tv because it was rattling. Could this just be my luck? Im waiting to take my car back there with a whole lot of frustration as i just got the car and they end up doing all of this on my A8L 4.0T. Wish they were open tomorrow for 4th of July.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

No, I've never had anything less than perfect service at mine. I'd send an email to their service manager immediately, and maybe CC the GM. At the least. Last I heard of a dealer messing something up that bad, there was a whole lot of apologizing and someone got fired.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jack88
No, I've never had anything less than perfect service at mine. I'd send an email to their service manager immediately, and maybe CC the GM. At the least. Last I heard of a dealer messing something up that bad, there was a whole lot of apologizing and someone got fired.
This was absolutely horrible. Ive had better service at a toyota dealership than this Audi one. Im in New York City and everyone warned me abouy Brooklyn dealerships. Ive told them about the scratches but I didnt see the moldings until now. I was supposed to take the car in for them to look at it again but my temp registration expired and I still havent received the plates for it so I didnt get the chance to take it in yet.
One thing for sure, once they get them all fixed, I'm never going back to that dealer again.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also address it in the survey you will receive from Audi and ask for someone to contact you.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 585 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Also address it in the survey you will receive from Audi and ask for someone to contact you.
Except...funny how when something goes wrong at a dealer--whether big or small-- I just happen not to get a "routine" survey for that visit. Hmmm. Has happened several times at my normal servicing dealer (who usually does a reasonable job), as well as at dealer from which I purchased the CPO S8. Not just random either. It seems correlated with perceived degree of satisfaction with work. I never get one typically if car has to go back a second time for example, like when they forget they need to reprogram all the keys to the vehicle if they change certain modules.

In plainer English, dealers also game the surveys apparently. Beyond just leaning on you for a "perfect" rating that seems like S.O.P. that is.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 07-04-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RED HORSE
Still havent even received that lol

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Except...funny how when something goes wrong at a dealer--whether big or small-- I just happen not to get a "routine" survey for that visit. Hmmm. Has happened several times at my normal servicing dealer (who usually does a reasonable job), as well as at dealer from which I purchased the CPO S8. Not just random either. It seems correlated with perceived degree of satisfaction with work. I never get one typically if car has to go back a second time for example, like when they forget they need to reprogram all the keys to the vehicle if they change certain modules.

In plainer English, dealers also game the surveys apparently. Beyond just leaning on you for a "perfect" rating that seems like S.O.P. that is.
I just want to laugh in my service advisors face if they ask me to give them a perfect rating again. Shes tells me "make sure you give me perfect 10s thatd be greatly appreciated". Id greatly appreciate it if they fix the problems theyve cause to begin with. Those pieces are expensive if i wanted to change them myself, which i shouldnt have to considering they did it. Whats even more frustrating is that there was never really much wrong with the car to begin with, i just took it in to do couple things before warranty is up
Old 07-04-2016, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brooklyn Audi, Brooklyn Mercedes are well known for being THE WORST on East Coast.
Have had a decent experience at Manhattan Audi and best experience at Allentown Audi.
Those Pennsylvania guys want your business and it shows.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RM-S8
Brooklyn Audi, Brooklyn Mercedes are well known for being THE WORST on East Coast.
Have had a decent experience at Manhattan Audi and best experience at Allentown Audi.
Those Pennsylvania guys want your business and it shows.
Ive heard that a lot. Was originally going to take it to Manhattan Audi or Meadowlands Audi but they didnt have loaners available the days i was available. I took it back to the dealer today they said they'll make it right and they didnt even try to deny anything. Now im nervous as to how itll all turn out, especially with the scratches lol
Old 07-05-2016, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A better question might be has anyone Not had dealer problems.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 712 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Garycw
A better question might be has anyone Not had dealer problems.
No problems with my dealer's service department. Audi/Porsche Southampton (NY)...really very good staff, customer service and work quality.

Last edited by derfA8L; 07-06-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone had dealer problems?