A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes it can, I would first buy some paint and fix the chips then go to a certified Xpel guy and let him do the job....just send an email if you want more info.
Good luck !
Old 07-29-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xpel

Originally Posted by the_duke
I just bought a '13 A8L and i'm sure it probably has some small chips already(I haven't seen it in person yet). Can Xpel still be applied? I want to do something to stop any future damage.
Xpel can be applied anytime you want to, but at this point all it will do is seal in the chips that are already there.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll have to see what it looks like when it shows up.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Update on Xpel

Hello all, just an update on my install job. The third install seems to have been the key. Corporate Xpel was very responsive and they get high marks for that. When the installer was confronted - in a respectful and polite manor- he acknowledged the problem and it has been addressed. Looking forward to this great product for years to come.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
Hello all, just an update on my install job. The third install seems to have been the key. Corporate Xpel was very responsive and they get high marks for that. When the installer was confronted - in a respectful and polite manor- he acknowledged the problem and it has been addressed. Looking forward to this great product for years to come.
Outstanding. I knew Xpel would take care of you. Another example of them standing behind their product and providing excellent customer service. If only all companies were as attentive.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walko789
Would you be able to snap a pic of the Xpel install? At least the front grille?
Old 07-30-2016, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RM-S8
Would you be able to snap a pic of the Xpel install? At least the front grille?
Since the Xpel is invisible to the eye, a photo will show...nothing.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am thinking of doing Xpel Ultimate and was curious as to how much it cost to get done. I was quoted $945 for 18" hood, fenders, mirrors, a-pillars, headlights, fog lights (my car won't have fog lights, part of the package deal), full front bumper, and door cups. Than they said it was another $95 for a 10 year warranty. I thought Xpel already came with a 10 year warranty.

What are your thoughts on this?
Old 07-31-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Assuming the fenders have wrapped edges and the install includes full prep, the price seems about right. I would pass on the door cups (unless you open your doors with a screwdriver) and do the rocker panels and a piece on top of the rear bumper by the trunk instead. As stated on their website, Xpel Ultimate already comes with a 10 year warranty on the film and labor. You should challenge the installer on that or shop around for another installer.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Assuming the fenders have wrapped edges and the install includes full prep, the price seems about right. I would pass on the door cups (unless you open your doors with a screwdriver) and do the rocker panels and a piece on top of the rear bumper by the trunk instead. As stated on their website, Xpel Ultimate already comes with a 10 year warranty on the film and labor. You should challenge the installer on that or shop around for another installer.
They said it's an extra $45 for a bumper wrap and another $45 for hood and fender wrap. I contacted Xpel about the warranty thing so we'll see. It seems like they are trying to nickel and dime me on "extra" costs.

But they are willing to not charge tax if I pay with cash which save about $180....

Last edited by Strife1013; 07-31-2016 at 08:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Front clear bra