A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fourings W12 Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 03:01 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 603 Likes on 403 Posts

Goodies update! I’m very excited with the latest shipment from Fatherland. I’m happy that my car came with a rare exclusive wood inlay- but it made it extra hard to find rare parts that have wood inlays (like the seat back tables I showed previously, and my writing table that I retrofitted that came with a piano black inlay and therefore miss-matched for the first 2 years). What is also absolutely the rarest of the rare are extended wood bits that could be specified through Audi exclusive. These include the shifter, segments of the grab handles and also the steering wheel. I’m fairly certain that almost no one here will know that a wood segment steering wheel was even an option because I have never seen one in the US and it’s extremely rare in Europe. That I could find all of these pieces in this exclusive species that matches my car is no less than a miracle. The only issue is with the ceiling grab handles. They came from a car with grey headliner so I need to recolor them to match my black headliner.

I love all of the wood touches, the W12 is supposed to come with wood segment grab handles standard but the exclusive inlay made that an extra charge. The wood shifter and wheel looks incredibly rich and also thrilled that I was able to find the writing table inlay as well so I have a full and complete set of every last little wood bit possible for the interior. It’s fantastic.

Next up I also got 3 more headrest pillows. I found a D4 pair in Audi exclusive cognac, which matches my exclusive cognac door cards, leather floor mat piping and contrast stitching. I installed those on the front seats, the black pair I found before is installed in the back of course. And I have single D3 black headrest (they were available in singles for D2/D3. Also along with the writing table veneer I got a black leather trim piece since the table I retrofitted was beige, I reupholstered it with new leather temporarily but the grain did not match so I sought out a correct replacement. Then I grabbed the OEM tire pressure dial. I wavered on buying this for a long time. On one hand I want all of the real OEM factory bits, which includes things like the metal Q7 tommy bar to replace the A8 plastic one, the OEM air compressor and a quality dial gauge. Could the plastic accessory one work too? Yeah but it’s cheap and doesn’t look special. In the end I went for it, it was about $100 shipped and when it arrived I was thrilled! It’s actually the highest quality dial gauge I’ve ever used. It has a full metal construction, is nicely ergonomic and compact. And comes in a nice little storage case. The mechanical feel of the gauge measuring pressure is exceptionally satisfying. To round out the OEM tire pressure bits, along with the OEM compressor and dial I got some excellent solid aluminum valve stem caps. I wanted these caps and I also wanted some OEM Audi SD cards (yes these exist) to put music and movies on) so I grabbed this little gift set that was cheaper than the SD card or valve stem caps individually and came with a switch blade key styled USB thumb drive. It’s not a joy to get my dial gauge out, put on my Audi work gloves and remove the heavy solid aluminum valve stem caps and check tires pressures before trips and while I refuel. Finally my own commemorative book came in, I mentioned that I found a limited edition of 100 version of this book that comes with some other special things. But I’ll post about that here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...3013118/page6/

(post # 52)

anyway.. on to pics

not my car, but here’s what the grab handles look like. Wood veneer center with a bit of aluminum trim on the sides.

Last edited by 2turbos4rings; 10-31-2022 at 03:07 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2turbos4rings:
DallasDave (10-31-2022), markremi (12-30-2022), Paladin-S8 (11-01-2022)
Old 04-12-2024, 02:42 PM
W12 Aficionado

I’m not doing a great job keeping up in this thread. I do a lot more updating on my YouTube channel: http://YouTube.com/@fourings Here’s the latest rare acquisition. OEM lumbar pillows

The following users liked this post:
Striker2237 (04-12-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 102 Posts

Good thing I follow your channel, then! Those are probably the most expensive pillows on the planet! lol
Old 04-12-2024, 03:38 PM
W12 Aficionado

Thanks for the support my friend

second most expensive, the headrest pillows are now $1,330 haha
Old 04-12-2024, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

SWEET JESUS! Those tiny things??? Well...I always knew there'd be things beyond my reach.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:46 PM
Flagship addict

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
Thanks for the support my friend

second most expensive, the headrest pillows are now $1,330 haha
My absolute terror when you told me this earlier today.....I don't want to let anyone in my back seat anymore lol!
Old 04-12-2024, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Striker, of course you can - just, you know, put down some kind of protective sheet or covering so that they don't accidentally mess it up with their natural hair oils or skin residue, loose hairs, thread fibers from their shirt, etc. Might as well cover the entire seating area, to be safe.

Or do like I would do and don't let anyone back there, ever. I don't have those things back there, so the limited few that are allowed in my car can't mess up what's not there.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:51 PM
W12 Aficionado

I know, simply eye watering. I have a pair in my store right now (black) for 67% off Audi’s price haha
Old 04-15-2024, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

me want!