A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fourings W12 Timeline

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 102 Posts

Dude, I love the keyholder- why haven't I seen that before? And of course, now I want to cover the cupholders in Alcantara- it just gives that extra bit of swank! Doubt I'll do it though, I'm not at all handy with that sort of thing. Still, well done man!
Old 09-07-2022, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

2turbos4rings, where can I get some better floor mats for my S8 Plus? You mention the Audi exclusive catalog, but I have been unable to find it. Well, I find several hits doing a Google search, but no part numbers and/or ordering information. I even saw a option for Carpe Diem door sills, lol.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey DD, if I may- I got a set from f1mats dot com (that's F and the number 1) - they make a great set; I got seating area and trunk mat. It was a Father's Day sale so I got the trunk mat for free. Initially they'd sent the wrong trunk mat; think it was made for an A8L as it was slightly too long for my trunk but they rectified that by sending me another, and it was a perfect fit. The original floor mats are now in storage for when I eventually let my girl go. These are MUCH NICER than what you can get from Weathertech, for instance. I think they're PVC but they look and feel like leather and ensure complete coverage of all carpeted areas that the eye can see. Partial coverage under the seats are offered by the rear mats, which actually cover the areas just below the rear seats as well as the footwell. I got black with black diamond stitching to match the seats.
Old 09-07-2022, 11:34 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 607 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Paladin-S8
Dude, I love the keyholder- why haven't I seen that before? And of course, now I want to cover the cupholders in Alcantara- it just gives that extra bit of swank! Doubt I'll do it though, I'm not at all handy with that sort of thing. Still, well done man!
I posted it earlier in this thread, you probably haven’t seen it because it’s probably the most rare feature on any Audi in North America. Only 36 cars total came with it. It’s actually a cell phone holder! The facelift W12 came with a cup holder looking slot in the rear right door where this cup sits. The intended purpose was a place to place your cell phone while in the car so it’s not uncomfortably in your pocket or sliding around in the door pocket/out of reach in the center console. (see pic at the bottom). I have a few of them (I buy them whenever I find them in Europe because they’re so rare) I use one as a key holder in front because it bothers me that there’s not logical place to store the key in the car. I’ll sell the extras if anyone else wants a fancy ‘key holder’

Originally Posted by DallasDave
2turbos4rings, where can I get some better floor mats for my S8 Plus? You mention the Audi exclusive catalog, but I have been unable to find it. Well, I find several hits doing a Google search, but no part numbers and/or ordering information. I even saw a option for Carpe Diem door sills, lol.
A few exclusive items were available in the US but the full exclusive catalog was available in the German order guide. The majority of exclusive items were made to order and it’s hit or miss whether they have a part number at all, although the D4 is better than D3 and D2 before. The door sills are an example of a made to order option, you can make them say anything you like! You could also get the MMI door on the D3 to be engraved with a logo or phrase and the folding tables on the backs of the seats on the D4 can be customized too.

The floor mat part number is mostly pointless because there are p/ns for each individual mat, sets for front and sets for rear, and for complete sets for SWB and LWB, PLUS all of the different versions. They’re basically all NLA through Audi so you need to search the web for used or NOS sets. Are you looking for a set of Audi exclusive mats with the leather piping and thickest pile and foam on the back, or just the premium mats with deeper pile? (I think those have foam on the back too). I can send the next SWB set in black that I find your way if you let me know which set you’d like.

Old 09-07-2022, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Paladin-S8
Hey DD, if I may- I got a set from f1mats dot com (that's F and the number 1) - they make a great set; I got seating area and trunk mat. It was a Father's Day sale so I got the trunk mat for free. Initially they'd sent the wrong trunk mat; think it was made for an A8L as it was slightly too long for my trunk but they rectified that by sending me another, and it was a perfect fit. The original floor mats are now in storage for when I eventually let my girl go. These are MUCH NICER than what you can get from Weathertech, for instance. I think they're PVC but they look and feel like leather and ensure complete coverage of all carpeted areas that the eye can see. Partial coverage under the seats are offered by the rear mats, which actually cover the areas just below the rear seats as well as the footwell. I got black with black diamond stitching to match the seats.
Thanks for chiming in. Can you share any pics?
Old 09-07-2022, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

2turbos4rings, just something MUCH more luxurious than the OEM standard mats. Like you, I think it's silly to have such cheap mats in an otherwise amazing vehicle. I thought about searching for ones that have S8 stitching, but the door sills already have that moniker.

My car has the carbon twill red inlay for the dash trim (not the console area – it’s solid black), so something that has red edging and/or red stitching in the mat would be preferred. Subtle, but bold enough to make a statement AND differentiate my car from other D4 units.
Old 09-07-2022, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Driver's side front (pass side same coverage)

Rear; 1 piece

Trunk mat

Sorry, I don't know how to resize these things so if they're huge- well, I apologize up front. Anyway, these are custom-fit to the ride. There may be better options, but I've not found them. They offer different colors, and different stitching colors too- red, white and blue are the ones that come to mind. I was going to go for the red stitching but decided to just have it match what's already in there.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Damn! Those look really good!
Old 09-08-2022, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They really do spruce up the interior. They come with tabs that can slide under the various mouldings it is designed to lie against/beneath to anchor them, though they are cut well enough that they don't move except near the edges where those tabs are- and they don't shift at all. Pretty cool, right?

Last edited by Paladin-S8; 09-08-2022 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting some flags for your car anytime soon? (-:

https://www.car-flags.eu/diplomat-z-chrome-audi.html

Quick Reply: Fourings W12 Timeline