A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarPlay module install

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dancohalvonik
well thank you . 1489 works. 🤓 one more question. after entering the code, I expected that it would be updated, but it asked me to put the USB with the software.... where can the software be downloaded?
Try emailing them at this address - service6@icartizan.com - and asking for the update. They will need your current software version and firmware version.

Last edited by Spock1234; 01-29-2024 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2024, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all.
First time posting here.....
I just purchased a used (new to me) 2015 A8L. Based on recommendations, I purchased the module from WAKAA and installed it today.
I have a couple issues and with little to know info from WAKAA hoping you guys know the answers.
First issue is the volume **** does not change the volume for radio although push to mute works and the steering wheel volume adjuster works.
Second , and biggest issue is when carplay is connected and displayed, there is no audio from iTunes even though it says playing.

I have disabled bluetooth under the phone menu and reset the MMI with no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Gene
Old 01-28-2024, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by genes1970
Hi all.
First time posting here.....
I just purchased a used (new to me) 2015 A8L. Based on recommendations, I purchased the module from WAKAA and installed it today.
I have a couple issues and with little to know info from WAKAA hoping you guys know the answers.
First issue is the volume **** does not change the volume for radio although push to mute works and the steering wheel volume adjuster works.
Second , and biggest issue is when carplay is connected and displayed, there is no audio from iTunes even though it says playing.

I have disabled bluetooth under the phone menu and reset the MMI with no luck.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Gene
For the second issue you raised. Did you remember to connect the dummy connector to the MMI port under the armrest and change the input to AUX on your MMI? It does not come with the unit, so you have to get it separately (it’s super cheap).
The following users liked this post:
Spock1234 (05-03-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Golan Remi
For the second issue you raised. Did you remember to connect the dummy connector to the MMI port under the armrest and change the input to AUX on your MMI? It does not come with the unit, so you have to get it separately (it’s super cheap).
Thank you for the response...
I did order and connect an iPhone (lightening) cable to the port under the armrest.
As far as changeing the input, I did not see where to do this in the MMI screen.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I went into the media settings and even with my MMI-lightenning connected, the MMI is grayed out under the selection.
Does this have to be an AMI-aux cable only?
Old 01-29-2024, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genes1970
I went into the media settings and even with my MMI-lightenning connected, the MMI is grayed out under the selection.
Does this have to be an AMI-aux cable only?
Nailed it. Tried using the female USB cable in the car and ran into same issue. Had to use aux and everything worked like a charm.
09S5 (04-25-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DasGermanCarsIzGood
Nailed it. Tried using the female USB cable in the car and ran into same issue. Had to use aux and everything worked like a charm.
isn’t that what I told you, to put the MMI input to AUX?
Spock1234 (05-03-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

i am looking for that mod where u can see the carplay in the dashboard cluster. anybody seen that link?
Old 04-25-2024, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 269 Posts

I don't think it is possible on the D4 platform. Our cars don't have the required dashboard cluster to produce the graphics. A total retrofit might make a difference, but I've never heard of anyone attempting that and can only imagine that it would be too complicated to be possible.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:50 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wireless CarPlay Android Auto Interface For Audi A8/S8 2009-2018, With AirPlay Mirror Link Car Play Functions
https://www.carputech.com/products/w...play-functions

Main Functions:
1. Apple Carplay & Android Auto Activated, support IOS AirPlay mirror link

2. GPS navigation Apps, Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps are all available live traffic information
3. Support after-sale rearview & DVR & 360 camera input
4. EQ adjustable, best sound quality
5. HDMI input
6. Plug and play, non-destructive installation, free from wire breaks

This amazing kit adds full CarPlay functionality to your existing MMI while retaining all the original MMI functionality. The CarPlay system supports button and steering wheel controls and integrates with console or glove box USB.
Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and CarPlay/Android Auto Android Screens for various vehicle brands.
Official Webs : www.carputech.com
E-mail : support@Carputech.com

Quick Reply: CarPlay module install