A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having issues getting a loaner vehicle due to having State Farm Insurance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
If there exists an exclusion for any vehicle(s) other than the insured's, then I find it hard to blame the dealer in this situation. [...]
At any rate, one way or another, you should make sure you have this coverage IMHO.
I am in agreement here.

As a private company and business the dealership has a right to refuse to do business if it puts them at risk financially or otherwise.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
We were told no rental either. No loaner or rental if you are state farm customer.
With a rental do you not have the option to use your insurance or theirs? If this is the case use theirs and forget about SF.

I have to agree with the others who stated that one of the reasons SF did not cover the damage was because the drivers insurance didn't cover loaners. Also agree that if you have it in writing you get a loaner then they should honor it.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Whenever I take a loaner from BMW or Mercedes (and Audi) - they take an imprint of my credit card, and current insurance info.

Apparently a customer took an A8L loaner, totaled it - and when Audi Manhattan went to file a claim - State Farm denied the claim and refused to pay so the dealer had to pay for it themselves since their own insurance reused to cover something since it was not their problem.

It created a "situation" and now State Farm customers are not approved for Audi loaner cars. Not good...
Understand now. Yeah, not good!
Old 07-18-2014, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion it is clearly OP's fault here. Who insures their cars in State Farm?
"State Farm" = "State" + "Farm".
Why didn't OP see that he's gonna obviously get screwed ... I have no idea.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Something is really odd here. I've has SF Auto for decades. No problem getting loaners from Cadillac, Chevrolet, Toyota, lexus or Nissan, but Audi has a problem with the biggest auto insurer in the USA! Not gonna happen. Best guess is no collision coverage or coverage lapsed or canceled.
Old 07-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have State Farm and every time my Audi's are in for service I get an A8 loaner with no issues here in Kansas City, MO.