A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone having issues getting a loaner vehicle due to having State Farm Insurance?

Old 07-12-2014, 03:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone having issues getting a loaner vehicle due to having State Farm Insurance?

Anyone having issues getting a loaner vehicle due to having State Farm Insurance?

Audi Manhattan, and Audi Brooklyn told me I could not have a loaner because they had an issue with State Farm not paying a claim when a customer totaled an A8L Loaner vehicle.

Problem here - looking to get a new car to replace the A8L 4.2 - was considering the 4.0T but there is no way I can do this if I can't have a loaner car for service visits.

I didn't realize they were allowed to pick and choose which insurance company to take. I could be wrong though - I'm not in the car business.

Thoughts?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott

Audi Manhattan, and Audi Brooklyn told me I could not have a loaner because they had an issue with State Farm not paying a claim when a customer totaled an A8L Loaner vehicle.

Problem here - looking to get a new car to replace the A8L 4.2 - was considering the 4.0T but there is no way I can do this if I can't have a loaner car for service visits.

I didn't realize they were allowed to pick and choose which insurance company to take. I could be wrong though - I'm not in the car business.

Thoughts?
Hmmm? Sounds like a dealer problem! The loaners my dealer provides are from their fleet or provided by Audi. Why would an insurance company be involved unless it was for body work?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you wreck a loaner car it's your insurance carrier that should pay the claim since you provide a copy of your insurance card and sign a loaner agreement. If State Farm denies a claim for totaling a loaner A8 then the dealer has all right to not provide loaners to State Farm holders. You can however get a rental (non Audi) which is covered by the dealer while your car is in service. So it's not like you don't get a loaner, you do it's just not an Audi.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigBoy11
Hmmm? Sounds like a dealer problem! The loaners my dealer provides are from their fleet or provided by Audi. Why would an insurance company be involved unless it was for body work?
Whenever I take a loaner from BMW or Mercedes (and Audi) - they take an imprint of my credit card, and current insurance info.

Apparently a customer took an A8L loaner, totaled it - and when Audi Manhattan went to file a claim - State Farm denied the claim and refused to pay so the dealer had to pay for it themselves since their own insurance reused to cover something since it was not their problem.

It created a "situation" and now State Farm customers are not approved for Audi loaner cars. Not good...
Old 07-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Fez2013
If you wreck a loaner car it's your insurance carrier that should pay the claim since you provide a copy of your insurance card and sign a loaner agreement. If State Farm denies a claim for totaling a loaner A8 then the dealer has all right to not provide loaners to State Farm holders. You can however get a rental (non Audi) which is covered by the dealer while your car is in service. So it's not like you don't get a loaner, you do it's just not an Audi.
We were told no rental either. No loaner or rental if you are state farm customer.

And truth is when we got the car - we got in writing that any time we bring it in - we not only get an AUDI loaner, but it would be an A8L loaner. So I feel like whatever happened between them and state farm doesn't really give them the right to make OUR own contractual agreement null and void.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, no rental? But it's not the dealership'a call on the rental, well unless they own the Enterprise (or whatever rental agency) franchise . That's such an oddity. I'm sure that future sales will be affected.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
And truth is when we got the car - we got in writing that any time we bring it in - we not only get an AUDI loaner, but it would be an A8L loaner. So I feel like whatever happened between them and state farm doesn't really give them the right to make OUR own contractual agreement null and void.
you should see what an attorney thinks, I would think that if you have that in writing then you're entitled of an A8 loaner regardless of what happened with another customer.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

No issues here in Michigan with State Farm insurance and getting an Audi A8 TDI loaner or Porsche Cayenne loaner.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

i always get an audi allroad, the first time i got an a8L but since they switched managers he only allows all roads.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Look at your insurance policy's language. See what it specifically covers and what it specifically excludes. If there exists an exclusion for any vehicle(s) other than the insured's, then I find it hard to blame the dealer in this situation. If it appears to be a "gray" area, then check with the insurance company for a definitive answer. At the end of the day, your State Farm policy may be lacking this crucial coverage, as it relates to service loaners and/or rentals---or perhaps the person who wrecked the loaner had a bare bones policy with State Farm that lacked this coverage. At any rate, one way or another, you should make sure you have this coverage IMHO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone having issues getting a loaner vehicle due to having State Farm Insurance?