A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VCDS Ride Height Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Open vcds
Coding
Do it!

Coding accepted

Security access
Do it!

Security access accepted

Adaptation

-it does nothing It should go down and back up and than say READY
-I tap read
-it does nothing
I tap up
Car lowers and then raises to same measurements as above

This should happen without tapping anything, but should be OK this way too.

-no matter if I put in a lower or a higher number in the new value box, and then test, nothing changes

For channel 1 you should put measured value first. If it says INVALID you should go up and down arrows and put in few millimeters smaller value. If it is still INVALID repeat up and down and put yet smaller value. Repeat until you get VALID. Save and go to the next wheel. Same procedure. Only after all four saved you can go to 5 and save 1.

Drive around the block, measure heights again and if you are not satisfied go again with adaptation.

I tap up
Same as 1
I tap up
Same as 1
Itap up
Same as 1
I tap up

5 shows error and no way to enter a 1 to save.

Dash lights up with level error and the yellow car symbol with up/down arrows.

Warning light will go off when you complete step 5.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

A quick point that is often missed and leads to the process not working. Make sure you're not sat in the car or getting in and out whilst performing the process. You need to be out of the car with the door closed, the cable out the window, and have the laptop sat on the roof or whatever. Getting in and out whilst doing it throws off the level sensors because of your weight.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got it. I like the ride look as well.

I was not clicking on "Save" after every input.

my car still seems much higher than what is listed, but I like the height it is at now. looks like even spacing all around the wheel now, instead of a 4x4
Old 07-21-2014, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hopefully someone can help me before i buy the bag com. I have adjustable rods on my car already but have noticed that the passenger side of my car sits roughly 1/2" lower than the drivers side. it make no difference if i play with the length of the rods. regardless it seems to stay lower on the passenger side. I have also noticed that i only have lift and dynamic. should the car move to different heights if i select the different setting from dynamic to comfort etc. with the vag com am i going to be able to adjust individual corners? i am also wondering if maybe i have a bad sensor or would that show something on the dash. any help would be much appreciated. this car is driving me nuts.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ottima guida mishar
non ho capito il perchè alcune volte da INVALID ed altre no...
Abbassato di 20 mm

Translation by google :
Great guide Mishar
I did not understand why a few times to INVALID and others do not ...
Lowered 20 mm

Old 08-01-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nicola Mantineo
Ottima guida mishar
non ho capito il perchè alcune volte da INVALID ed altre no...
Abbassato di 20 mm

Translation by google :
Great guide Mishar
I did not understand why a few times to INVALID and others do not ...
Lowered 20 mm
Welcome to the board!

Thanks. Don't bother trying to understand software guys. They have special "logic". Important is that your car looks great. Fill your profile. Where you are and your car year of production helps others to help you, or use your help.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok.
Ho effettuato altro aggiustamento :
-2.0 anteriore
-1.5 posteriore

Foto appena possibile.

Grazie

Translation
OK. I made another adjustment: -2.0 Front -1.5 Rear Photos as soon as possible. Thank you
Old 08-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2013 S6 Help!

Originally Posted by mishar
I've red few instructions but all of them are for ideal case when all is going as planned. Unfortunately it won't go always that way. I will try to give some solutions for those cases. Please fill free to correct me so that we get really useful instruction.

==============================

Factory heights from wheel center to the lower edge of the fender:

Audi A8 D3 standard suspension: 416 mm (front) 398 mm (rear)

To lower or raise it using VCDS:

[Select]
[34 - Level Control]
[Coding - 10]

Stock code is: 0015510 Ride height can be adjusted by changing those 5's. The first one is for the front and the second one for the rear. 4 - 0 will set lower ride for 5 - 25 mm (5 mm per digit). 6 - 9 will set higher ride for 5 - 20 mm. This will change all MMI settings for the same amount. Make your choice than:

[Do It]

To complete this change:

Car on a flat surface, transmission in park, engine running and all doors closed.

Measure in millimeters actual heights from wheel center to the lower edge of the fender and record them:

[Select]
[34 - Level Control]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 31564
[Do It!]

[Adaption - 10]

Wait until car goes down and up and you get Ready message.

Under Stored Value you will actually have TARGET value. For stock height fronts will always be 416 and rears 398. If you changed those 5's to 4's you will have there 411 and 393 respectively. 3's will give you 406 and 388, 2's 401 and 383, 1's 396 and 378 and finally 0's 391 and 373.

Channel 01 (front left)

Enter the measured value.

[Test]

Unfortunately it won't always accept that value. If you get INVALID message go channel up and back down using arrows and enter value somewhere in between measured and target values. Try first closest to the measured value and repeat until you get VALID message.

[Save]

Repeat this procedure for the rest of wheels. Channel 02 is front right, channel 03 rear left, channel 04 rear right.

Channel 05 (Save)
Key in: 1
[Test]
[Save]
[Done, Go Back]

If it didn't accept real measured values drive around the block and repeat Adaptation. You can do it few times to get it as close to target heights as possible. There is no point to go with fine tuning better than 2 mm.

Furthermore, it is your car and you are allowed to cheat a bit. By entering higher numbers (not more than a few millimeters) you can lower it exactly where you want it. For example: if Recorded Value is 391 and you key in 394 it will go 3 mm down. Of course if that value is VALID.

Hello! I see you seem to be very knowledgable in this area, and I am looking for some help getting my 2013 S6 lowered a little. I have security access for it but cannot figure out how to adapt any. Just get request sequence error. Regardless of wanting to lower the car I have been back to my local dealer twice due to my accidental selection of "reset all adaptations". But ever since I got it back it has not been level. Values are 399,395,386,388. So the car is off kilter.. I would like to get the car to be at actual height of 385 all around if possible, only 10mm from stock level. Please let me know if you , or anyone can help! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Taylor Shaw
I am looking for some help getting my 2013 S6 lowered a little. I have security access for it but cannot figure out how to adapt any. Just get request sequence error.
Welcome to the A8/S8 D3 board. Of course you will find more useful staff on A6/S6 board, but I believe that air suspension is very similar, so I may be able to help you.

In order to help you I need you to explain in details what exactly you are doing and what messages you are getting.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had been going in to the level control (34) , and inputting security access. From there I am unsure what to do because if I go right in to adapt and change the values it is just returns request sequence error. What is proper protocol to get the car to accept new values? I understand I should be in Auto mode in MMI and on level surface as well correct? Thanks for any help in advance!

Quick Reply: VCDS Ride Height Adjustment