A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade Update!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ZiggyV8;24506706]Current Exhaust V.3

Resonators front/rear, No mufflers, new x-pipe added(original one still on)

v.4 coming 24" resonators front to remove drone, cut out original x-pipe to utilise the fabricated one. Test with no mufflers at back/no resonators at back, then with muffler/resonator at back. Depending on results will consider Varex variable valved muffler?

The big test will be the new 24" resonators. I want growl with no drone. Yes extratcors would be nice, so would an S8 lol

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Zi...564b8.mp4.html
Old 11-14-2013, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Under the carpet, passenger side, Electrical System Control Module 2, unplug wire 87 (yellow/blue) or 88 (white/blue).
Thank you Mishar! Mine is now fixed. BTW it is the 87 wire.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt@H2OTuning
Thank you Mishar! Mine is now fixed. BTW it is the 87 wire.
Or 88. Both of them go directly to the screen motor.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Future reference guys, if the topic changes pm messages to guy directly don't drag out thread. Thats how guys never find info they look for cause theres pages of other off topic stuff on thread.

I know cause I give up looking when "trying" to search also.

Parts arrive this week, just clearing customs, might post some in detail photos if worth it once open box.

I had no detailed shots of bumper or valance prior to purchase so it might help those on the verge??

Cheers,
Paul

"S8" on the way soon!!!!! ;-)
Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default yes, Brozee is correct...

Originally Posted by Brozee
Please take off that spoiler... It looks awful, definitely has the aftermarket (in a bad way) look.
it's called a SPOILER because they SPOIL the looks of your car ! If you want a bit of a lip look, spend the requisite cash and buy a deck lid for an S8 and have it painted to match your car.

As you can tell from my signature I am I am no stranger to extensive upgrades. But I believe cars of the stature of an A8 should only be upgraded with items that appear somewhere on some A8/S8. Or what would appear to be so , as in the case of your quad pipe S8 style exhaust or in my case the DVDs in the headrest that are aftermarket, but are in keeping with what would be in a US W12 or a Euro version EXCLUSIVE A8 with whatever engine.

Wheels are a grey area IMO and and beauty seems to be in the eye of the checkbook holder. Personally I might deviate as far as a set of wheels from the A8s cousin the Bentley Spur.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=awdinut;24510484]it's called a SPOILER because they SPOIL the looks of your car ! If you want a bit of a lip look, spend the requisite cash and buy a deck lid for an S8 and have it painted to match your car.

I have a meticulous eye and great attention to detail, I plan thoroughly(sometimes too much LOL) and always see the BIG picture up front.
I researched ABT, Hofele, Sabre, JE Designs (and others but no A8 stuff) and found that "the sum of it parts" option was the way to go.
That is achieve a sporty look with a touch of class, something diffent from what 90% people do, utilising not a complete kit(i.e. JE which I think is puss), but the best each has to offer
They either go bling,bling, carbon everywhere with 22" wheels etc.
I am keeping with the S/RS look and while on the topic of wheels as you mentioned I am not going for aftermarket 22" chrome or matt black monstrosities. I will be purchasing a set of RS knockoffs(yet to be decided design) as I want to keep it looking true, 19", keep 255 on front and try 265/275 on rear.

I have played with all my cars and have always been subtle not larish. No fins and spoilers and scoops just to be a ****.

My last car(in my garage photos) was an "Aussie A8", a Holden Caprice (LWB Commodore)(Commodore=A6). I did the wheels, engine,exhaust,and rear SPOILER too. It came from a HSV Grange(=S8)so it was still classy and a little noisy/fun to boot.

You gotta think WHOLE project not a couple of demo shots, all the kit is just test fitted, not even painted. Of course it stands out, it's grey primer! once everything done top to tail, blended in, sitting low and sweet on a set of fat RS rims! OOhlala

Big picture boys, big picture.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Box of Toys and Bumper Test Fit

Everything arrived from LLTEK plus the Amaretto seats from Montreal that the guy dropped off to LLTEK to get stripped.(LLTEK outsourced the strip)
Packaged well, no breaks tears, (93kg of well the **** done boys)
Impressed.
Will play with leather myself, clean condition touch up, failing that of to the leather doc for final rejuvination. Big hopes so far as not in bad condition, no stitch wear only light creasing but I have fantastic foam in mine so should stretch back out fine.One pen mark but will ring leather doc before attempting that one myself.
All in not bad for $1000+$700 to strip. Try finding a full set of Amaretto for starters let alone at that price! Happy camper indeed!

Bumper is nearly all good, allignment nearly spot on but obviously a bit of filler required here and there. holes line up and for a test fit I'm pretty impressed. Strong light, seems good so far.

BEST NEWS, was not sure if was going to be ACC compatible, IS!!
Sweet.
No washers, will play around, ask fitter if they can fabricate mounts, cut holes etc, if not, no biggie. Only issue, no tow eye hole, stuff it, theres always the back, I'm not going 4WDing?!

Couple of pics boys, none of rear valance but **** me, the opening is huge! Didn't think it was that big, gonna have to go different tips/muffler. Was going to get Varex remote valved muffler anyway so all good!

Next stop body shop, prob couple of weeks?

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL MOUNTED TO COLLISION BAR NOT ACTUAL FRONT BUMPER COVER -SWEEEET
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default More

Download **** ya!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Photos, 3rd time lucky!!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Everything arrived from LLTEK plus the Amaretto seats from Montreal that the guy dropped off to LLTEK to get stripped.(LLTEK outsourced the strip)
Packaged well, no breaks tears, (93kg of well the **** done boys)
Impressed.
Will play with leather myself, clean condition touch up, failing that of to the leather doc for final rejuvination. Big hopes so far as not in bad condition, no stitch wear only light creasing but I have fantastic foam in mine so should stretch back out fine.One pen mark but will ring leather doc before attempting that one myself.
All in not bad for $1000+$700 to strip. Try finding a full set of Amaretto for starters let alone at that price! Happy camper indeed!

Bumper is nearly all good, allignment nearly spot on but obviously a bit of filler required here and there. holes line up and for a test fit I'm pretty impressed. Strong light, seems good so far.

BEST NEWS, was not sure if was going to be ACC compatible, IS!!
Sweet.
No washers, will play around, ask fitter if they can fabricate mounts, cut holes etc, if not, no biggie. Only issue, no tow eye hole, stuff it, theres always the back, I'm not going 4WDing?!

Couple of pics boys, none of rear valance but **** me, the opening is huge! Didn't think it was that big, gonna have to go different tips/muffler. Was going to get Varex remote valved muffler anyway so all good!

Next stop body shop, prob couple of weeks?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL MOUNTED TO COLLISION BAR NOT ACTUAL FRONT BUMPER COVER -SWEEEET
[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Upgrade Update!