A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test driving an 2007 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro

Old 12-04-2013, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fez2013
Just confirmed the tire size, in the MMI menu it lists sport/comfort and two others? as selections - I briefly recall seeing them as I went thru the menus.

They are asking $26,995. What do you think about the asking price?
That is an excellent price considering blue book value on that car with the options and mileage is right around 30k.

Question though, on cars.com the vehicle is listed for $29,997. Why is the dealer willing to drop the car automatically 3k for you knowing they can get more and they just got this vehicle in?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Carfax shows no accidents

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=CDM_0

However in the past year and a half, the car has only been driven 1100 miles???!! (June 2012-Nov 2013).

For such a new car, the carfax is showing the tail light being replaced, ignition coils, radio speakers, interior trim repairs, door speaker replacement, door lock replacement, door trim panel adjustment and fuel filler cap replaced. All of this could be nothing but for a car hardly driven why so many repairs?

At this price point you are spot on for 08 A8/A8L's ( more miles of course) which gets you an updated front grill, tail lights, better steering, improved suspension and sound insulation.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok when we got back from the test drive, the sales manager came out and said that he had made a mistake on the price and it should have been priced right at $29,900.. but since I saw it for $26,995. he would honor it. I chalked it up to him not wanting to negotiate any lower and that maybe he was being pushy and blowing smoke up my ***. He mentioned he would be adjusting the price moving forward especially if we didn't buy it.

I enquired about the very low miles and they said that this is South Florida, the "snow birds" come here from the north during the winter and only drive the car when they are here..
In all honesty, I know this is true statement - ppl have second homes here with a car sitting in the garage. Over at Audi this morning the service advisor said the same thing. The car was bought there originally and serviced there. They listed everything that was done to the car over the years, even though the car didn't get driven much they still did the yearly service intervals - Last service they did was the 55,000 miles service with included spark plugs and a list of other things (I left the paperwork in my wife's car).

I'm still waiting on the pre-purchase inspection report..
What are your thoughts, say if you were in this situation, walk or buy even if at $26,900 and reports were ok?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok when we got back from the test drive, the sales manager came out and said that he had made a mistake on the price and it should have been priced right at $29,900.. but since I saw it for $26,995. he would honor it. I chalked it up to him not wanting to negotiate any lower and that maybe he was being pushy and blowing smoke up my ***. He mentioned he would be adjusting the price moving forward especially if we didn't buy it.

I enquired about the very low miles and they said that this is South Florida, the "snow birds" come here from the north during the winter and only drive the car when they are here..
In all honesty, I know this is true statement - ppl have second homes here with a car sitting in the garage. Over at Audi this morning the service advisor said the same thing. The car was bought there originally and serviced there. They listed everything that was done to the car over the years, even though the car didn't get driven much they still did the yearly service intervals - Last service they did was the 55,000 miles service with included spark plugs and a list of other things (I left the paperwork in my wife's car).

I'm still waiting on the pre-purchase inspection report..
What are your thoughts, say if you were in this situation, walk or buy even if at $26,900 and reports were ok?
Report came back only thing is that the TPMS sensors in the wheels are bad.

$1309.00 for the repair at the dealer.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

$1309.00 for the repair at the dealer.
Buy sensors for $160 and let any tire place install them. That car already suffered enough dealers good. 55K service under 20K.

And yes, I would buy it. 85% of a car for 25% of a price is very good bargain.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Buy sensors for $160 and let any tire place install them. That car already suffered enough dealers good. 55K service under 20K.

And yes, I would buy it. 85% of a car for 25% of a price is very good bargain.
I'm doing it! Thank you. Do you have a link for the sensors?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Link for the sensors
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tx170754
Link for the sensors
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/
Awesome!
Thank you TX!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I forgot to mention it has same color suede headliner and door panel inserts..is this a dealer option?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Great deal - fully loaded car

I forgot to mention it has same color suede headliner and door panel inserts..is this a dealer option?
This car is fully loaded -

You can't find a better optioned car like this one for the mileage and the price. Think about it this way, drive for a few years and it's still under 50k miles, at that time, if you don't like it, it still easier to sell for $15-17k. Problems seems to start at 85k +.

Cheers,

Louis
Old 12-04-2013, 04:11 PM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats. Nice car. If you weren't taking it, it would have me interested.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Test driving an 2007 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro