A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member - New S8 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KEPetersen
Ziggy:

Thanks for the kind welcome. What with all it offers, it's sad to hear that Oz deprives you the S8 (along with other exotics). By the way, your avatar looks vaguely familiar ... Shah-I-Kot or Khost? SASR by any chance?

KEP
Tarin Kot, Im **** with names so not sure on the other kots! lol
Close on the SF, 2 CDO REGT, noticed your "wings"?? not US jump wings? Got a "token" set from seals when when we did some jumps with them out of a MC130 and know what they look like, Canadian wings per chance? Sound like you've done some stompin?

Yeah cars are super **** in Oz. Am a car nut and when I watch top gear, fifth gear and they mention some second hand cheap options I break down and cry!!! Clarkson drove a SL600 in a challenge and bought for about 5-6000 GBP. Here they're still going for $50-60,000AU. I've seen S8/W12's go for 15,00GBP+

Did an ex with Royal Marine Commandos in '02 and dude had a 5 y.o. Jag XK8! They're still around $40k second hand here(good one obviously)!

I want to move!! lol

Plus you guys have cheap houses, I live in Sydney and we are one of the most expensive cities in the world. Killing me.

I'm out now and chasing up med pension, compensation etc, so in that regard we are lucky. I know other countries arent so generous to vets or population in general.

**** pension nice car or **** car nice pension? Once it all goes through not ruling out an overseas move just yet?? So long as pension is safe??

Nice house in florida with an S8 instead of Sydney and an A8? lol
possible??!!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

P.S. they dont deprive us, just price stuff out of the market to protect locally made, and earn a ****load of revenue for the government though taxes etc.

My next car???? XJ supersport or at min XJ V8,

US - $100,000 approx last time i looked
AU - $280,000+ SS-over $300K Good thing is they drop like a rock!
Some 2010's are just over $100k now, few more years!

This was when our dollar was worth $1.10 too!

That should have comparatively made an XJ in Oz $95k or less.

We have plenty of exotics but if you use the XJ prices as a guide, forget it! lol

We have massive restrictions on foreign import of second hand cars so even if i could get cheap XJ RHD overseas, can't import privately anyway! Law to protect local dealers and they're second hand market!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have some plans for your baby. I think there are plenty of mods but engine tuning is a little lacking on our cars. I think they have engineered these motors so much that there is not a lot of gain per $. Remember in the internet world, it hasn't happened unless there are pictures.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

5.2 V10 busts 580 HP in RS6 (previous model). But it is twin turbo engine.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
So far I have performed my own oil change (12qts. synthetic). Lowered the car 20mm via VCDS settings, enabled the hidden menu and activated the battery level meter. I still have to upgrade the puddle lights, trunk lights etc. with led lights. I picked my S8 up this past June.
Owner's manual says 10L or 10.7Qt. for the 5.2
Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gaspasser19
Owner's manual says 10L or 10.7Qt. for the 5.2
Maybe it was 11. All I know is that it was alot of oil. Checks ok on the dipstick....
Old 11-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ZiggyV8
Tarin Kot, Im **** with names so not sure on the other kots! lol
Close on the SF, 2 CDO REGT, noticed your "wings"?? not US jump wings? Got a "token" set from seals when when we did some jumps with them out of a MC130 and know what they look like, Canadian wings per chance? Sound like you've done some stompin?
Ah, that explains the camo pattern – figured you had to be SASR or the 2nd. Careful dealing with SEALs; they're a nefarious lot and easily discombobulated when separated from water for too long. The wings are US HALO/MFF from my SF days on an ODA. Seems long ago but the memories are still vivid and much valued. I'm in the same boat trying to scare up overdue med pension. It was well worth it all the same.

I hear you about Sydney; expensive to be sure, but loads of offsetting benefits living down under. Super place for diving, sailing, surfing, and so much more. Cars, not so much.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
First of all, highly recommend you obtain the VCDS cable to properly read error codes and modify settings. For example, with your air ride suspension, you can go into the system and tweak the ride height lower or higher based on your preference.
Chris:

Very interesting about the VCDS cable. I'll be doing an internet search to buy one and learn more about it. To be honest, I'm still sorting through the 400+ manual pages trying to master the many technical elements and systems instructions associated with the S8. I'm guessing in that regard its on par with the space shuttle.

KEP
Old 11-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zedbyers
if you are on the right side i must be on the left side....
Wouldn't that make you on the wrong side?
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KEPetersen
Wouldn't that make you on the wrong side?
i didn't realize it was right/wrong. thought it was right/left. my answer to your question is no; and from my viewpoint, neither are you.

Quick Reply: New Member - New S8 Owner