A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My D3 A8 Sport is for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My D3 A8 Sport is for sale

Despite the fact that I genuinely enjoy this car (probably more so than any daily that I've ever owned), it just doesn't fit with the fact that I'm likely to be moving into the SF bay area soon, and this just isn't going to be a car that I want in the city.

It's posted in the classifieds here.

I've thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this forum, and I'll certainly pop in here and there even after I part with my D3.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2014, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Figures, once I start down this road of getting rid of the car, I keep thinking that I should just keep it......
Old 07-27-2014, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's only sold once you sign the paperwork..... Once you are in love with a car, that's a stong bond to break.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

No I know.... it's more the delineating line between the fact that I genuinely do enjoy the A8, but at the same time, I def don't need it around....
Old 08-09-2014, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Car is sold. I'm actually already a little sad haha
Old 08-09-2014, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bmwm750
Car is sold. I'm actually already a little sad haha
Congrats on the sale.
The feelings will pass soon.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
Congrats on the sale.
The feelings will pass soon.

It's all good. Got top dollar for the car, and the buyer is thrilled with his purchase.

I have a feeling there will be an S8 somewhere down the road
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, this is a REALLY odd one. Guy who bought my A8 was, for lack of a better word, an "interesting character" (young, LOTS of tats, and I'll spare the rest). He paid full asking price for the car (in cash, mind you), and was absolutely thrilled with his purchase. Great.

That was last Friday, and it turns out, he shoots me some texts last night, that the "car overheated" and that he found the "secondary air pump wasn't connected" along with some pics of the front bumper pulled off the thing in his driveway. I've put almost 60k on that car, which included 30k since timing belt/ water pump/ tensioners/ bla bla service with nothing but a perfect dispatch record. In addition to my scanning the car regularly for codes, I specifically scanned it just before selling it, to ensure the new buyer wouldn't have anything to deal with and it was free of any codes.

I explained to this kid that first off, the secondary air system has nothing to do with the cooling system, and that if a hose was really disconnected, that it would throw a code immediately. I offered to help me sort out whatever he had done to the thing, since he apparently doesn't have a VCDS cable.

All in all, I'm utterly in shock and absolutely perplexed as to what the hell he did to my former car. At the end of the day, it's his car now and not my problem, but at the same time, I'm actually a bit upset that it apparently took this kid a week to destroy what was a very fine example of a D3.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Getting asking price in cash is never a good sign. I would try to distance myself as much as possible.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Getting asking price in cash is never a good sign. I would try to distance myself as much as possible.
That's the conclusion I've come to as well. I'm typically a nice guy but......

Quick Reply: My D3 A8 Sport is for sale