A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low mile D3

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
How much is that in dollars?
This may not have been around in your day and I'm not sure how much time you have left, but for a faster answer you should use this thing called Google. There's a bit of a learning curve, but definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by Jack88
Well, it seems high but there's not many of those for sale, even in the whole of Australia, and given that it's around 200k AUS new, I don't think 30k would be terribly unreasonable, since it has barely cracked 10,000 miles.
It's just a matter of finding a buyer who can appreciate it. Old farts don't appreciate anything.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Lest anyone wonders

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
This may not have been around in your day and I'm not sure how much time you have left, but for a faster answer you should use this thing called Google. There's a bit of a learning curve, but definitely worth it.

It's just a matter of finding a buyer who can appreciate it. Old farts don't appreciate anything.
Its not that hard to reset the mileage on any vehicle including the German species. Six or eight computers in the vehicle can be tampered with quite easy if the tech knows what he is doing. Not to disparage Montreal, Canada but I've seen it done on more than one occasion. Car fax can verify the mileage if the vehicle is serviced at the dealer, which is not always the case. The DMV also has a mileage count based on the owner word. As long as it is not less than the previous count it is taken as gospel. In Quebec (and Ontario) the cost is roughly $300 for domestic and $800 for German. Not sure for Asian. Although I have never done it myself I do know people that have have especially for leased vehicles when they don't want to pay the extra 15 or 20 cents/km for overcharge on mileage when returning it.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 117 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Samo7
Its not that hard to reset the mileage on any vehicle including the German species. Six or eight computers in the vehicle can be tampered with quite easy if the tech knows what he is doing. Not to disparage Montreal, Canada but I've seen it done on more than one occasion. Car fax can verify the mileage if the vehicle is serviced at the dealer, which is not always the case. The DMV also has a mileage count based on the owner word. As long as it is not less than the previous count it is taken as gospel. In Quebec (and Ontario) the cost is roughly $300 for domestic and $800 for German. Not sure for Asian. Although I have never done it myself I do know people that have have especially for leased vehicles when they don't want to pay the extra 15 or 20 cents/km for overcharge on mileage when returning it.
But that would be dishonest......
Old 01-10-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, yes it would...
Old 01-10-2016, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GradecEngineering
Eh, what's that? You're gonna have to speak up there sonny!
Old 01-10-2016, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It's easy I can do it on mine with my clone avdi.
Tried it and put it back to original
Old 01-11-2016, 01:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's not just a matter of changing the odometer on the dash. It was explained to me that the mileage is recorded in a number of other places. They also need to be changed.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It's not just a matter of changing the odometer on the dash. It was explained to me that the mileage is recorded in a number of other places. They also need to be changed.

probably I didn't get all that involved in it.
I read somewhere you can calculate the real mileage somehow if you suspect its wound back.
whoops found it on that googly thingy
Old 01-11-2016, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by storka
probably I didn't get all that involved in it.
I read somewhere you can calculate the real mileage somehow if you suspect its wound back.
whoops found it on that googly thingy
How to check for correct mileage in Audi MMI 2G (A4, A5, A6, A8, Q7) - YouTube
What if someone over the lifetime of the vehicle reset the trip computer?
uncommon, I know. If I recall, VCDS shows true mileage someplace and cannot be changed.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by storka
Aud is .70 usd
27,810 usd still overpriced.
I will get the URL later as I am on the iPad at the moment.
Just another day in paradise here.
32 degree c max.
Why the fence, if you don't mind me asking?

Also one of your neighbors apparently lost a cockatoo...

Last edited by halik; 01-11-2016 at 02:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Low mile D3