A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have sports car fever. Listed my A8 sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have sports car fever. Listed my A8 sport

I'm putting my 2007 A8 swb sport up for sale. It's great, but I'm ready for a 2 seater again. It is in exceptional condition and has Audi platinum warranty until 11/2015. If anyone is interested, please view my ad in the classifies. I still like it a lot and if it doesn't sell, I won't be disappointed

ps. I still have my beloved 2002 S6. I'll keep that until the wheels fall off, then turn it into a lawn ornament
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default you should post a link

so others don't have to click through to the ad.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So, ordered your NSX yet? LOL
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by K9COP
So, ordered your NSX yet? LOL
I'm right behind Jay Leno
Old 03-06-2012, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Missing my old NSX. Thinking of getting a new one when they come out, but first need to sell some others in the stable.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Cool car for sure, but I drove one and found it a bit soul less, like my GTR.

K9

Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default So far no bites

Do you think the price is too high for a no excuses A8 sport with 3 years of warranty left?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default It's why I got rid of it after 5 years.

K9

It was a cool car to be sure, but has the soul of an Accord. To be fair, that's quite an engineering feat to build an exotic mid-engine all aluminum sports car that beat Ferrari in 1991 when it came out, which was so well built, smooth, easy ingress/egress, and as easy to drive as a Honda Accord.

After 5 years, it got ordinary. My 928S4 was just as exciting after 12 years as when I bought it new. I really miss that car!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The beauty of the NSX

I didn't find it soul-less at all, although I would say it's character was quite subtle and took some time to fully appreciate (which is how I also feel about my A8).

Some of the things I really liked about my NSX:
  • It fit me like a glove when seated in the driver's seat. All the important controls were at my fingertips or within easy reach.
  • The design was singular in its styling, i.e. it didn't look like body pieces were added as an afterthought (wheel flares, spoilers, ground effects, etc).
  • It didn't have an excess of horsepower, but it did have just enough to get the car through the turns or cruise comfortably on the highway.
  • The short throw and tightness of the shifter made it a dream to change gears.
  • The engine sound was wonderful, especially at full throttle.
  • Did I mention how well it handled in the turns?
  • It wasn't a temperamental bitch like many exotics. Being made my Honda, it was rarely in the shop for repairs. My biggest repair was a window regulator, a common problem on Hondas.
  • I always received positive comments on the car, from people of all ages and backgrounds.

Ultimately, I sold the NSX because I could only drive it half the year here in Michigan, whereas I can drive my A8 year round, with excellent performance in both winter and summer.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subit0
I didn't find it soul-less at all, although I would say it's character was quite subtle and took some time to fully appreciate (which is how I also feel about my A8).

Some of the things I really liked about my NSX:
  • It fit me like a glove when seated in the driver's seat. All the important controls were at my fingertips or within easy reach.
  • The design was singular in its styling, i.e. it didn't look like body pieces were added as an afterthought (wheel flares, spoilers, ground effects, etc).
  • It didn't have an excess of horsepower, but it did have just enough to get the car through the turns or cruise comfortably on the highway.
  • The short throw and tightness of the shifter made it a dream to change gears.
  • The engine sound was wonderful, especially at full throttle.
  • Did I mention how well it handled in the turns?
  • It wasn't a temperamental bitch like many exotics. Being made my Honda, it was rarely in the shop for repairs. My biggest repair was a window regulator, a common problem on Hondas.
  • I always received positive comments on the car, from people of all ages and backgrounds.

Ultimately, I sold the NSX because I could only drive it half the year here in Michigan, whereas I can drive my A8 year round, with excellent performance in both winter and summer.
I agree with everything you said. After the NSX I got a Lotus Elise. It had "character" I kept it less than 6 months.

Quick Reply: I have sports car fever. Listed my A8 sport