A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Dealership scam me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sel126
Glad to hear that the problem is solved, but I have a question. Didn't you say in your initial post that the long crank time was still present after the dealer changed your fuel pumps? Was the $1500 they charged you just for the pumps and filters or was there any other work done?
Long crank was still present after pumps. Gone after they changed the fuel filter. They suggested changing it initially but I declined bc I changed it 3 months ago. Apparently it was a dud. I'll keep everyone posted as to see if the long crank returns.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

This tread title looks more and more appropriate.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Who changed it three months ago?

Originally Posted by ayrula
Long crank was still present after pumps. Gone after they changed the fuel filter. They suggested changing it initially but I declined bc I changed it 3 months ago. Apparently it was a dud. I'll keep everyone posted as to see if the long crank returns.
I want to change mine. But still looking at the area where it is mounted underneath.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ayrula
Wow, could it be possible that it was only the fuel filter? I'm leaving on Friday for a nice (hopefully long) weeks vacation. I was considering bringing the car in tomorrow to address this issue as well as the front suspension while I'm away, but I might just wait till I get back. This way maybe I'll have a better idea of what I should actually let the dealer do to fix this issue. My CEL has been on for a month, along with the long crank time and the EPC light also comes on almost everytime I drive (especially when I need a little quick pick up). Car goes into a protect mode as well, holding the RPM's to 4k. As I stated earlier, the dealer said it was the low fuel pressure sensor, but Mishar made a whole lot of sense when he said that the sensor shouldn't affect the crank time. The dealer also tried to tell me that the shifter assembly would have to be replaced in order to solve the EPC issue, but that doesn't sound right (but I am new to the Audi world so I definitely could be wrong). Please keep us posted regarding your crank time, and I will do the same when I get my issues figured out as well.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sel126
Wow, could it be possible that it was only the fuel filter?
I don't think so. If it is so clogged to prevent initial pressure buildup with two pumps running how could it allow enough fuel flow under load with a single pump running?
Old 07-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mishar
I don't think so. If it is so clogged to prevent initial pressure buildup with two pumps running how could it allow enough fuel flow under load with a single pump running?
I agree W Mishar. I believe it was the pumps as they tested them for efficiency as they were running at 75% at their best.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see what you guys are saying, makes sense. I'm on my way to Puerto Rico for a week right now, dropped the S8 off this morning. Let's see what they find out. I'll post the results when I get back next week.
Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi guys,
Sorry it has taken so long for me post what was the final outcome. It took the dealer about three weeks and numerous trips in order to get it right, and I have been extremely busy lately. After changing the low pressure fuel sensor, the problem still persisted within minutes of picking the car up. The next day I returned the car and that afternoon I was assured that it was fixed with a readaptation of the system that should of been done after the sensor was replaced (dealer mumbo jumbo). The EPC light came back on within a few minutes again and the CEL was on by time I got home (10 minutes later). Finally after returning the car again (they had it for another week this time), they changed the fuel filter and still had the same issues, the end result was a high pressure fuel pump on the passenger side of the fuel rail. I am now getting to enjoy what an S8 is truly supposed to feel like...WOW I love it!!! Hope this helps someone out in the future.
Thank care,
Scott