A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Far Off Topic: I'm Back

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Panelhead
That is very nice! Loved Ducati’s for a long time.
How did you fix the roof drains on your green A8?
As far as I can recall, the green car's drains are working fine. It was the beige one that leaked and that I never did resolve. I no longer have that one.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:31 AM
DA8
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey aTOMIc my other ride is a Ducati too.
The following 2 users liked this post by DA8:
aTOMic (12-01-2019), Panelhead (12-01-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Search
The
Forums
A.......
I think this is an even better "translation" of that acronym! Forums don't commonly use archives any more.

Originally Posted by Panelhead
We need your knowledge. Hope to see you again up In Hendersonville.
I hang at a new spot, the Anchor. One relative is their best customer. Another eats at Casa Vieja at Indian Lakes about three times a week. My fave is still Centerpoint, pulled pork on cornbread and the wings.
After repairing my ABS controller I will try to drive mine up. It likes cold weather. The longest trip the A8 has made in six years was a 150 mile round trip to Galveston and San Louis Pass. I have put 32,000 on it and all is around town. Course, across town is Houston can be 50 miles.
Ooh man, if you like BBQ there's a new shurff in town... "Top Hog" in Gallatin (best catfish in the state, too, IMHO!)! Place is off da Hook! Cash only, lunch only.
I haven't been to "The Anchor", but used to hang out there when I was young (it was "Anchor High Marina" then, and boy howdy we put the "High" in "Anchor High")... Bill Monroe (famous Bluegrass musician) played every Wednesday IIRC. He greeted me by name once, surprised the hell out of me! He was in his nineties and he could recall names!

Originally Posted by DA8
Hey aTOMIc my other ride is a Ducati too.
Cool! One of the few other civilized ways to go 0-60 faster than the A8!!

I admit I had to Google to find out more about your bike. Is it a 1260cc? Must be a BEAST! Can't imagine taking anything that powerful off-road! I bet having traction control is really cool for practical (real-world) off-roading. I'm not ashamed to admit I have my DTC and ABS set to "Max", LoL... I am fully aware this bike's capabilities far outstretch mine!

Old 12-02-2019, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts

Are you driving the A8 now? PM me your address so I can send you the TV tuner and Bluetooth for music streaming LOL. It was supposed to be last Xmas. I'm not sure when you're going to get the FBAS since you're quite busy.
Cheers,
Louis
The following users liked this post:
aTOMic (12-05-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 03:56 PM
DA8
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Cool! One of the few other civilized ways to go 0-60 faster than the A8!!

I admit I had to Google to find out more about your bike. Is it a 1260cc? Must be a BEAST! Can't imagine taking anything that powerful off-road! I bet having traction control is really cool for practical (real-world) off-roading. I'm not ashamed to admit I have my DTC and ABS set to "Max", LoL... I am fully aware this bike's capabilities far outstretch mine!
It is a 2010 Multistrada 1200S. It goes great off road. Electronic adjustable suspension 4 riding modes just like the A8. 0-60 in like 2 seconds. Just raw power all the time. I turn DTC off when in enduro mode off road so I can make brodies.
The following users liked this post:
aTOMic (12-05-2019)