A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable TPMS System Success!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Some Canadian audis didn't have tpms when the states version indeed had them every year the d3 was in production. I like the feature and now that the tpms can be found cheap I don't mind. After all they last around 6 years. It's saved my gfs charger from having a blowout or losing the tire due to a nail in the tire.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theanimala
Ok, so I have a 2005 A8L and I have been living with this error for about a year now. I am going to order the TPMS from OEwheels, I just want to confirm that I need the 433MHZ sensors, and do I need the Black TPMS Valve Stems SET for an additional $20? I am replacing 2 totally worn tires and adding 2 sensors to the other two tires that are in good shape (FYI different tire life's are cross positioned to not mess with the differential according to my dealer).

Thanks in advance!
Just following up that you do not need the additional Valve Stem set from OE wheels, the 433MHZ sensors come with the silver stems set and they worked perfectly. $18 per tire to be installed, I did the change wheels in the MMI, and the next day all of my pressures are showing up and no more warning light. I almost forgot about the extra information in the central display as I had been living with the deflated tire picture for over a year. Money well spent.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by theanimala
Just following up that you do not need the additional Valve Stem set from OE wheels, the 433MHZ sensors come with the silver stems set and they worked perfectly. $18 per tire to be installed, I did the change wheels in the MMI, and the next day all of my pressures are showing up and no more warning light. I almost forgot about the extra information in the central display as I had been living with the deflated tire picture for over a year. Money well spent.
When discount tire installed mine, they used the OEM valve stems they had on hand and kept the ones I gave them from OE wheels. They said they were extremely cheap and were of inferior quality, so they used OEM. Didn't charge me either.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TPMS in MMI has on-off switch but MMI doesn't allow me to switch it off. Updated my MMI to newest verison on my 2006 A8. Anyone have vag com setting to activate on-off switch? Putting on winters wheels and tire and they don't have TPMS. I see how to disable TPMS settings but would rather use switch
on MMI screen!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parkrog2
TPMS in MMI has on-off switch but MMI doesn't allow me to switch it off. Updated my MMI to newest verison on my 2006 A8. Anyone have vag com setting to activate on-off switch? Putting on winters wheels and tire and they don't have TPMS. I see how to disable TPMS settings but would rather use switch
on MMI screen!
I'm not sure you can set it to turn off in the MMI? my understanding is you can disable it(turn it off by the Vagcom). If you can please post it. Right now the price of the TPMS are really good $136 for the set.
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...T#.UomAcuLYGDc
Old 11-17-2013, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

On very early versions of MMI, and only in some cases you actually had the option to enable or disable the system in the MMI itself. With updates and revisions that went away. I've never personally done it, but I've seen pictures and heard of it. Now doing it the way of VCDS is the only way. Perfect time for people to switch to winter wheels this time of year without having to buy TPMS for their extra set of wheels.

Viper, the instructions (the whole point of this post) are in post #1 with a screenshot. You can't get it wrong.
The following users liked this post:
Gabriel TheAngel Adler (03-21-2021)
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

TPMS in MMI has on-off switch but MMI doesn't allow me to switch it off.
I updated my MMI to latest version and on-off switch is on TPMS screen in MMI? Must be way to activate it?
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by parkrog2
TPMS in MMI has on-off switch but MMI doesn't allow me to switch it off.
I updated my MMI to latest version and on-off switch is on TPMS screen in MMI? Must be way to activate it?
Changes in the law regarding TPMS made it so that later versions could not be turned off by the end user.

There may be a way, but the best bet is to use the method in this thread.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=Brozee;24359383]I went under coding and changed the "3" in the code to a "0" to disable the system. The alert went away immediately. I successfully disabled the TPMS altogether! No warning alerts etc whatsoever on the dash or even in the MMI. You can still go to the TPMS menu under the MMI but the "change wheels" and "store pressures" are greyed out and the view tire pressures button option doesn't do anything. Only time you see any error is under VCDS and under a auto scan which it says "TPMS disabled" that is all.

Since I disabled the system I am was thinking of cancelling my order on the four TPMS sensors, but as it's a new car I will get them since they will be good for roughly 5-7 years. Even though I got a great price on all four shipped, $180, still going to have to pay around $40 to have them installed. To each their own if they want to avoid the TPMS and not buy new ones, or to just get the new sensors. So here is a temporary, or permanent fix to that nag noise and alert.

Below is the picture of the coding before the change. Switch the first 3 to a 0 and it will disable the system. Can always re-enable it later if you feel like buying new sensors.
I know this is old but what three? Where did u go to find this in vag? Can u explain a little better
Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Stanley Harris;25168993]
Originally Posted by Brozee
I went under coding and changed the "3" in the code to a "0" to disable the system. The alert went away immediately. I successfully disabled the TPMS altogether! No warning alerts etc whatsoever on the dash or even in the MMI. You can still go to the TPMS menu under the MMI but the "change wheels" and "store pressures" are greyed out and the view tire pressures button option doesn't do anything. Only time you see any error is under VCDS and under a auto scan which it says "TPMS disabled" that is all.

Since I disabled the system I am was thinking of cancelling my order on the four TPMS sensors, but as it's a new car I will get them since they will be good for roughly 5-7 years. Even though I got a great price on all four shipped, $180, still going to have to pay around $40 to have them installed. To each their own if they want to avoid the TPMS and not buy new ones, or to just get the new sensors. So here is a temporary, or permanent fix to that nag noise and alert.

Below is the picture of the coding before the change. Switch the first 3 to a 0 and it will disable the system. Can always re-enable it later if you feel like buying new sensors.
I know this is old but what three? Where did u go to find this in vag? Can u explain a little better
under tire pressure module, then you go to coding and the third character is what allows you to disable the system.

Quick Reply: Disable TPMS System Success!