A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did the VAG mod for fog lights but want to turn off the

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Ace Ventura

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Did the VAG mod for fog lights but want to turn off the

small light that I guess is a front 'parking' light. It's the one small bulb in the headlight enclosure. Any way to do this?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what vag-com FOG MOD???????

Uhm i think you can turn it off through the MMI, under car settings, lighting and then turn off DRL.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Ace Ventura

It's funny but I don't have that option...do I need to activate it with VAG in order to see it in the MMI? The fog mod I did was so that you can turn on the fogs without the headlights being on. You turn the light switch to parking lights and you can pull the switch and the fogs come one. I just want to turn out the little DRL.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bac2h
It's funny but I don't have that option...do I need to activate it with VAG in order to see it in the MMI? The fog mod I did was so that you can turn on the fogs without the headlights being on. You turn the light switch to parking lights and you can pull the switch and the fogs come one. I just want to turn out the little DRL.
I wanna do that too! Could you point me in the direction of how to do that?

Unless im confusing the DRL i was able to turn it off through the MMI, so it sounds like you are turning your lights to parking the DRL's are coming on an you only want the FOGGIES on at that point..

Sorry not being helpful.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

if i'm not mistaken, you can turn off DRL in the MMI. you go to car, systems, exterior lighting, and it should be in there somewhere.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Ace Ventura

As I stated a couple of posts up that option does not appear on my MMI screen and I am wondering if it is one of those hidden options that has to initiated on VAG like the battery meter.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's not something you need to have revealed in mmi via vagcom. I have an updated version of mmi though
Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The small 5W lamps in the headlight are called "city lights" and seem to be generally used in European urban areas during twilight and early morning. Perhaps also when parked? They are not the same as the DRL's as far as I know. I do not think they can be turned off, at least not when VAG'ed to the ROW (rest of world) setting to allow use of fogs w/o headlights.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Ace Ventura

NOW we're getting somewhere Bunky...I guess I could always mod the city light bulb with something different....
Old 08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bac2h
NOW we're getting somewhere Bunky...I guess I could always mod the city light bulb with something different....
Yeah, like maybe an LED replacement bulb? Pair that with the Hoen Xenonmatch fog bulbs and it'd look a lot better! Only thing is I heard that changing the headlamp bulbs is a major PITA and usually involves dropping the front bumper on an '04.

Quick Reply: Did the VAG mod for fog lights but want to turn off the