A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The chrome trim is a thing of the past!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I would remind everyone that while each person is entitled to express his/her opinion, personal "attack" comments are not acceptable. Please tone down the rhetoric or further posts may be deleted or the thread closed.
Thanks.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great. Links will be sent out tomorrow
Old 03-24-2014, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think this suits the car perfectly. Bloody nice job!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas_Jafool
I personally think this suits the car perfectly. Bloody nice job!
Thank you sir!
Old 03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl2k
Maybe my Dinan S2 M5 and V10 Touareg look ricey or out of place without chrome as well? Or maybe you're just old and wise and have never had a sense of style? Chrome is outdated even the Harley riders out there have embraced that. There is nothing about chrome or putting an S8 grill on an A8 that says classy. Sometimes people just don't have what it takes when it comes to making things look good. Rather than always say you're older and wiser simply say you're older and don't want to accept it. There is nothing fashionable in your life so I wouldn't expect your car to be either. You may be wise but you're also dated, now go lay back down.
First of all, you are getting really butt hurt with comments over here. You have to grow a thicker skin if you are going to post your car pictures on forums.
Anyways, I like the VW a lot, blacked out black car with nice wheels looks good, but your gray S8 with black wheels and plastidipped trim and grille looks ricey as hell.
Oh, I am 29 btw
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default another opinion

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
Also the chrome (aluminum trim around windows) looks far better on light-colored cars than on dark ones, I don't think anyone's mentioned that yet.
I was just thinking the same thing. My car is silver, so the contrast between the trim and body color is minimal, but is just enough to highlight some of the character lines of the car. Mr. Bally's car is a light tan color, and chrome accents looks quite good with that color. Personally, I prefer the blacked-out look for a black vehicle. A friend had done this to an old S4, and it looked really good.

BTW, I'm an old dude. I'm usually not a fan of lots of chrome, but like it when tastefully applied. I grew up in the Detroit area, and work in the auto industry, so cars are in my blood. What I really like about the A8 is that it is almost perfect from the factory, so I'm content to leave it stock. But I admire anyone who is passionate about their car and puts their time and energy into it, whether that's upgrading its appearance on the outside or enhancing the mechanicals and suspension on the inside to make it perform better. This caring about one's car seems to be a common thread among the members on this forum.

Last edited by subit0; 03-25-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Traditional look with winter wheels.
Green not black. Love my Audi
Attached Images   
Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BASARAB
First of all, you are getting really butt hurt with comments over here. You have to grow a thicker skin if you are going to post your car pictures on forums.
Anyways, I like the VW a lot, blacked out black car with nice wheels looks good, but your gray S8 with black wheels and plastidipped trim and grille looks ricey as hell.
Oh, I am 29 btw
I guess you didn't read my entire post. The black wheels are my winter setup, low maintenance. They are still on the car because it's still snowing here, I awoke to snow this morning as a matter of fact.

The plasti dip was done to see if I like the look, which I do, so now it will be professionally painted. Familiar with the term "measure twice cut once!"
Old 03-26-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think its too much black, but I do see where you're going with it. Are you going to stay flat black or go with a gloss?
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CobraCommander
I think its too much black, but I do see where you're going with it. Are you going to stay flat black or go with a gloss?
It's not black, it's anthracite with a glossifier top coat. It's almost a perfect match, now that I know I like the look I'm having it painted in Daytona gray.

Quick Reply: The chrome trim is a thing of the past!!