A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The chrome trim is a thing of the past!!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The chrome trim is a thing of the past!!

Finished up the front end yesterday. Today I did the passenger side window trim, upper door handles and side moldings. Tomorrow the rear bump strip and driver side. The only things I'm leaving alone are the badges, rings, and mirror caps.

As you can see I still have my winter wheels on. I will be going with a custom 21" forged monoblock wheel and installing lowering links for the perfect stance.
Attached Images    
Old 03-20-2014, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 116 Likes on 94 Posts

Submit photos to "Pimp my Ride".
Old 03-20-2014, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Bally
Submit photos to "Pimp my Ride".
ditto
Old 03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

The chrome trim gone, ok looks good. But the black wheels and what's with the side mirrors? Are they white or chrome? Looks out of place
Old 03-21-2014, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The mirrors are the brushed aluminum that come on all the S cars. Pimp my ride, are you guys serious? Obviously you like your car to look like something from the 80's! You probably wear socks with sandals as well.

Look at all the new Euros, no chrome except for maybe the grill. The car looks much sportier. The black wheels are just for my winter setup but they look good on the car none the less. Obviously people around here are afraid to step outside the box when it comes to personalizing their car.

The car just had way to much chrome, with everything body matched the car looks smaller and sportier.

"Pimp my Ride" I bet you get super excited every time you get a chance to use that lame *** line!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That actually looks good. Did you straight up paint the chrome/alluminum trim or plastidip them? The black wheels look good with the trim gone, painted mirrors might look good too.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah. Definitely doesn't deserve the pimp-my-ride comments. Looks good and if it's your taste then the more the better.

I would have left the grill alone and get off those winter wheels asap. Just a little too much black from the side shots right now.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Man these guys are old school the ride looks fresh , stealthy and more mean. everyone in the NYC area is also plastidipping their chrome or getting it vinyl wrapped. cars going to look amazing with the new wheels and lowering links !
Old 03-21-2014, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

I never agreed with Audi's decision to use the silver mirror housings, I think it looks trendy and now it looks dated. There is probably someone out there who would pay a high premium for yours, though. Maybe consider getting some black ones?

I see nothing "pimpy" about it. Usually I agree (with the A8s and S8s) that stock = best, but this one's not pimped. Now, if you "stance"it down til the tires rub the top of the wheel arches, that would change my opinion a bit.

Is it VCDS lowered to max? You could save some serious $ if you avoid those overpriced links!

-Tom
Old 03-21-2014, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1Wasserwerks
That actually looks good. Did you straight up paint the chrome/alluminum trim or plastidip them? The black wheels look good with the trim gone, painted mirrors might look good too.

I thought about doing the mirrors but it's the S-car staple!

I used the Anthracite Plasti Dip with a glossifier. It's a pretty dman good match. Now that I know for sure I like the look I will have it done right with paint at a professional shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The chrome trim is a thing of the past!!