A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 A8L Newbie Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 A8L Newbie Questions

Hello!

First off, let me just say that I am an A8 newbie, but not Audi in general. This is my 3rd Audi. Had an 89MY 90 (dearly missed) and a 00MY A4 1.8TQ that I should have never gotten rid of!

Anyway, onto my question(s):

1. I have a message that comes up when I start telling me that my adaptive lights are defective, and then the constant yellow symbol in the driver's display. Is this something common / easy fix normally?

2. When I put the car in reverse, there is a loud beep and the little yellow light in the Parking Sensor button flashes. Also the screen never appears in the MMI. I am not able to make changes to the Parking System options either. As with the first question, is this a common problem?

3. I have the Premium package on the car, which means heated wheel, vent seats with massage (loving that!!) etc, but I thought the soft close doors came as part of that package also. If so, it seems like it isn't working (unless I got the wrong idea completely). I was under the impression that soft close meant that essentially I cannot slam the doors? I read somewhere that it really means that you can close the doors by pushing on them gently. Which is actually correct?

4. Probably the most important - no matter what I set the temp to, there seems to be no airflow in the back. It is very very cold here, and my 8 year old daughter has to use a blanket! She does have heated seats back there which helps.

5. The electric sunshade in the back seems to be broken. Hard to explain, but the plastic clips on the top of the arms seem to have snapped in two. Again, common?

6. The day after I bought the car, I filled up (at a Pilot gas station) and about 10 mile after that I got a CEL. I know that Audi's are fussy about gas, and I can't honestly say what brand I used. I checked the gas cap (another common issue) and I am confident I put it on properly. Incidentally the code was P2626 - which suggests the O2 sensor is bad. Thing is they were replaced less than 12 months ago.

I know that it seems like I have a lot of problems with the car, but considering that it is a 2006 A8L with 126k and I bought it for $12,500, and the fact that the majority of these are things I can live without, I think I got an enormous bargain! Now if only it had AMI.......

Sorry for the terrible pic....I took it on a phone. It has been constant snow/ice since so I have not had the chance to get nice pics like the ones you see in the threads here!

I would really appreciate the guidance of you Gurus on the forum!

Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the pic that I didn't manage to actually include.....
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Enbee
5. The electric sunshade in the back seems to be broken. Hard to explain, but the plastic clips on the top of the arms seem to have snapped in two. Again, common?
I can help you with this one. Check http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A8-S8-Rear-Sun-Shade-Clips-/331058425002?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d149eacaa&vxp=mtr
For the rest of your problems you need VCDS in order to diagnose problems.

Last edited by mishar; 02-05-2014 at 07:51 PM.