Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A8 / S8 > A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 262588

Default A8 Coilovers from RevV

Hi, It's been a while since the last time I posted my thread on this forum.

I have been quite busy developing after-market tuning parts for Korean cars... (yeah.. I know it's sounds boring.. anyway),

And my company, called the RevV has developed a set of coilovers for my A8 6.0 W12.

I have been finding my W12 air-sus to be rather too comfortable & soft even I put on the dynamic mode.. so I am quite excited to see what it will be like after the installation.

Althought I am willing to become a ginny pig to test out the products for my company, I am also unwilling to take out my stock air-suspensions as I believe it is still in a refined condition considering the vehicle has covered only 45,000 miles and it doesn't do any funny thing yet.

Anyway, for those who are still seeking for coilovers for A8 (D3), I just wanted to share my info and I will soon let you know the result after fitting.

Nb. It has a 30-Level adjustable damping control hence you can choose between the hard and soft damping stability.

Click the image to open in full size.

cooljustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 102428

Well sign me up for those....
I predict that they will work out (for you) better than the Continental air struts charged by the WABCO ECAS air compressor.

Last edited by Mister Bally; 06-21-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Mister Bally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:43 PM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 61809

Default If they work - I would be happy to get rid of my AIR-SUS

Thanks,

Louis

96 A6 Green Wagon 2.8L Quattro (8/03)
08 Q7 3.6 Premium Silver/Black (4/08)
06 A8L Quartz Grey/Black (3/13)
04 Cabriolet 3.0 CVT Red/Black (5/11-Sister)
98 A8 Melange 4.2 Quattro (7/04-5/11)
http://www.dognmonkey.com/audi
ltooz_a6_a8_q7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome, at First, I was a bit hesitant to post the coilovers on the forum as it seems as though I am trying to do some sales here.. (well, actually it seems that's what I am doing.. lol) but as a proud owner A8, I equally felt the basic needs for replacing the air-sus hence here I am.

If we have more than 10 people, I guess I can cut down the cost drastically to make both our firm and the forum member happy.

I will keep them posting up here.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:06 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 278862

Default They look great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljustin View Post
Awesome, at First, I was a bit hesitant to post the coilovers on the forum as it seems as though I am trying to do some sales here.. (well, actually it seems that's what I am doing.. lol) but as a proud owner A8, I equally felt the basic needs for replacing the air-sus hence here I am.

If we have more than 10 people, I guess I can cut down the cost drastically to make both our firm and the forum member happy.

I will keep them posting up here.
How many codes will this throw? In Texas, a code means no inspection sticker. No inspection sticker parks the car.
I could not register mine until the TPMS was fixed. Plus window tint, taillight blackout, and a couple other items that were fine in NYC, were addressed. Took a month to get plates.
Panelhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:18 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 136010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelhead View Post
How many codes will this throw? In Texas, a code means no inspection sticker. No inspection sticker parks the car.
I could not register mine until the TPMS was fixed. Plus window tint, taillight blackout, and a couple other items that were fine in NYC, were addressed. Took a month to get plates.
Good luck getting all the codes out from that system. You'd have to do either some serious code writing into the factory computer(s), or do an awful lot lot of work arounds to trick the factory system into thinking that it's working.

Now, onto the real meat of the topic, if you were interested in making your S8 handle better, and willing to give up the convenience of the air system's flexibility, I could see going to something that was engineered from the ground up up to solve that "problem," (likely taking many hints from the S6's conventional (non-air) setup), utilizing components from Bilstein/ Koni/ KW/ JRZ/ Penske/ Moton/ Ohlins/ H&R/ Eibach etc.

I just can't see slapping a set of Chinese or Korean made coilovers, which were "developed" first for a Kia, onto an Audi (and a top of the line, big, Audi- with curb weight well above the "applications" for these coilover parts were "developed" for) being a good idea.

Just my $.02.....
bmwm750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

well, I have deleted my posting and am going to leave this forum.

Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by cooljustin; 06-22-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelhead View Post
I didn't know that you guys have such a tight regulation for vehicle inspection there in Texas.

I expect a number of code errors appear after the installation, or even an air-sus warning light on a speedometer.

But still I will be happy to not worry about when is it going to be for my vehicle getting a knackered front air-sus on roads as well as getting rid of those horrible softness feelings whilst cornering at a high speed.

After seeing a "racial remark" on this forum, I have wrapped up my mind seeking for a group buy on this forum. But I will post up some pics of the process aftewards.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
Account #: 26081

Default Sorry, but tone it down!

As one of the largest contributors to the board, your broadside attack here seems way out of left field--with 54 total posts. You had something to offer, but destroyed your credibility at least with me. As a vendor, you need to be prepared to accept critical feedback, especially in a forum context with an experienced and educated audience like a fair number on this board.

The poster you attacked is neither an internet troll nor narrow minded. He has demonstrated an experienced understanding of the vehicle at a professional level...even if his moniker might have you think bmw. And yes, there are known parts sourcing issues on the D3 (and other Audis) from Asia. Has nothing to do with "race"--it's a geography, a set of suppliers, a lax regulatory environment and various other things.

I suggest frankly you edit or delete your post.
Current #1: '06 D3 A8L W12 brilliant black w/ amaretto; 4 seat setup, CPO; modestly lowered, H&R 20mm rear and 12mm front DRs with 275/35 on OEM polished + forged 20's; S8 sway bars (see: rear bar and gen'l D3 bar info and front bar); tweaked 385mm front factory brake mod and matching rear brake mod; matching C6 A6 back headrests (better rear view: headrest tweak); owner installed AMI retrofit with part number details here.
Current #2: 2013 Q5 2.0T hybrid; Scuba blue w/ chestnut sport interior; Euro delivery 7/2013 (pictured at Ingolstadt)
Prior (each modded): 2000 C5 A6 4.2 & '96 C4 A6 2.8Q, both still w/ family; '85 C3 5000S 5 sp FWD; '73 C1 100LS

helpful cross reference to a C6 post with MMI and other TSB's that also cover D3 A8's.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 06-22-2014 at 10:42 AM.
MP4.2+6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 138231

Send a message via Skype™ to gedis080
Default air-sus ??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljustin View Post
Right now I do have 3 different cars with KW coilovers and I have to admit (and not only me), that properly working air suspension is way better solution for non racing cars
Old 06-22-2014, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement