A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 A8 Bluetooth retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k4blacka8
Well I understand your logic but here's the thing, I've read plenty of threads if I retrofitted the OEM unit, I would either have to plug the MOST from the CD Changer or the XM unit and I would like to keep those. I don't know where else I can plug in the MOST in at. Since I want to keep both of those units, that's why I might consider going with the cradle. I'm still deciding on what to do.
Didn't I explain to you how to connect it and keep all modules you have?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dvs_dave
Here ya go...
http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/pro_mmi_lwl.php
Practically OEM quality
Will this plug into the console where the cradle plugs into??
Old 10-03-2013, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Didn't I explain to you how to connect it and keep all modules you have?
Well you told me how it's hooked up and what's needed but not how to keep the XM and CD changer especially me having the Pre 05. Like I said I don't know where else to tap in the MOST. Is there an adapter I can get or something??
Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I told you that you need two fiber optics harnesses and enough fiber optics to the CD Changer and back to the Bluetooth so you can make it part of the Ring without loosing any module you already have.

Edit: Actually three harnesses. One female and two male.

Last edited by mishar; 10-04-2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mishar
I told you that you need two fiber optics harnesses and enough fiber optics to the CD Changer and back to the Bluetooth so you can make it part of the Ring without loosing any module you already have.

Edit: Actually three harnesses. One female and two male.

Ok I kinda get it now. Do you have any pics of what they look like?? How much does the dealer charge for those 3 harnesses???
Old 10-04-2013, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

Will this plug into the console where the cradle plugs into??
No, it's typically installed in/behind the glovebox. It needs to connect into the MOST fiber ring, and also be powered. It comes with the appropriate connectors to allow you to do this by daisy chaining off the CD changer power and MOST connections.

The Mic needs to be installed in the roof console, but you might be able to trace the existing but useless wiring from the OnStar mic and use that instead. Although I'm not sure down which A-pillar those wires are run?

The cradle option allows only voice over the speakers and call answer/end/voicedial from the steering wheel button. Nothing else. It has zero integration with the MMI system. Hence my "old tech" comment.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ok I kinda get it now. Do you have any pics of what they look like?? How much does the dealer charge for those 3 harnesses???
It is same configuration as for retrofitting AMI. Just longer fiber optics.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should have a few of the 5M fiber optic cables with connectors and ringbreak wire bundled for about $75 or so in about 2 weeks. I ordered some and will be having them finished up by a local cable shop. This is by far the easiest way to do the BT upgrade, just run the fiber optic wire to the trunk.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 05SilverA8
I should have a few of the 5M fiber optic cables with connectors and ringbreak wire bundled for about $75 or so in about 2 weeks. I ordered some and will be having them finished up by a local cable shop. This is by far the easiest way to do the BT upgrade, just run the fiber optic wire to the trunk.
Well I was planning on running the module where the telematics used to be. I'm not worried about it being a flood place but at least it will be easier to hook up. I don't want to run any wires to the trunk. The only thing I want to run is the most wire. That's it. What does this ringbreak harness look like??
Old 10-05-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name:  42pin-52Pin-BT.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  92.4 KB
Well I was planning on running the module where the telematics used to be. I'm not worried about it being a flood place but at least it will be easier to hook up. I don't want to run any wires to the trunk. The only thing I want to run is the most wire. That's it. What does this ringbreak harness look like??
It is the MOST fiber optics with a RingBreak wire. You just run it to the trunk, splice into the amplifier with supplied splice (just take apart fiber connector and put one fiber in splice connector). You then locate RingBreak wire from Amp and use a connector to tap into it to bring this to the unit under the carpet. Power, ground, Mic+ and MIC- are available from old Telematics unit under carpet. If you want I can have power wires added to wire bundle to take power from trunk, but no need. MOST fibers were ordered from overseas the other day, should be available within 1-2 weeks.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 05SilverA8; 10-05-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 04 A8 Bluetooth retrofit