A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D2 Audi A8 and S8 produced from 1994-2002
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immobilizer Delete or Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jfrahm
Can you get the ECU from one of the cars you got a cluster from? If so then you just need to get a dumb VCDS cable, get the immo PIN and then pair keys to the mated cluster/ECU pair.
(I think).
If you could also get a key shell from the same car it should run with the mated key/cluster/ECU. You can put your cut key blade into the mated keyshell which contains a little RF chip:
https://www.myturbodiesel.com/d2/100...lizer-chip.htm

that chip (glass tube) is for the immo, has nothing to do with the remote door unlock.
Now THAT is a bonus. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Also ask for the key! Then you do not even need to pair keys
Old 04-29-2022, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 74 Posts

The seller can keep the blade that fits the ignition or door. He just needs the key shell with the RF chip.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You can just have your ECU immobilizer deleted. Aaron walizer aka stuklr tuning can handle this.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

WHOA!!!!!! I almost messed up BIG TIME!! Last year, I tried to replace the key fob case, but had a problem getting the chip out. So, I left it alone. Thanks to that link you guys gave me, the immobilizer is in the shell, which I was planning to trash if my transfer had worked. Man, the Gods must have been smiling on me THAT DAY. Just opened up the key fob a few minutes ago, and thankfully, the immobilizer is still there. that was close. Thanks, guys!!
Old 05-03-2022, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tommygogh
Also ask for the key! Then you do not even need to pair keys
Yes, I did that. He's still looking. I'll give him a week. He gave me his cell number, so I'll give him some time to really look for everything.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

The seller can keep the blade that fits the ignition or door. He just needs the key shell with the RF chip.
Ok. That's what I asked him.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Peaceful One
Just opened up the key fob a few minutes ago, and thankfully, the immobilizer is still there. that was close. Thanks, guys!!
Right but that chip is mated to the dead cluster? I suppose if you get a matched cluster and ECU you'll have a fob that could then be paired, once you get the Immo PIN.
If you only have one keyfob you will be getting another anyway, or be dead in the water again if a key is misplaced. If so you need to match the FCC numbers on the fob that works. Lots of fobs that sellers claim will work... won't

It's probably worth checking on getting the Immo deleted as suggested above. I have no experience with that but recall someone did it and had some side effects.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Right but that chip is mated to the dead cluster? I suppose if you get a matched cluster and ECU you'll have a fob that could then be paired, once you get the Immo PIN.
If you only have one keyfob you will be getting another anyway, or be dead in the water again if a key is misplaced. If so you need to match the FCC numbers on the fob that works. Lots of fobs that sellers claim will work... won't

It's probably worth checking on getting the Immo deleted as suggested above. I have no experience with that but recall someone did it and had some side effects.
Yeah, unfortunately it's mated to the dead cluster. But, I have been trying to perform surgery today, and replace the power supply on my ORIGINAL cluster with one from one of my donors.

And, I had a nice chat with Stukler on FB. I'm all set to send my ECU to him to do the IMMO delete if it comes to that. So, either way, I should have this thing on the road again sometime this month (depending on his turnaround time). Really need to thank you guys.
Old 05-04-2022, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK I got curious and found a couple threads. Here is the one where the OP had his immo disabled, which worked but the "Key" symbol on the cluster was then constantly flashing:
https://forums.quattroworld.com/a8/msgs/111910.phtml

I think there was a followup from someone who did not have that issue. Maybe ask about it if you send off for a disable and/or nuke the LED for that nag.

Also there was a thread where someone got a bad cluster's chips put into a good cluster, and this worked perfectly, cost less than I expected (under $100). Surface mount chips, not a home job for most.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...uster-2968265/

Last edited by jfrahm; 05-04-2022 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer Delete or Bypass