A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Honeycomb grille recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honeycomb grille recommendations?

Found two online sites that sell them, but wondering if they are all made in China, so I should just buy the cheaper of the two. Anyone have comments, issues, or recommendations for purchasing one from either (or another) site?
German Car Accessories
AliExpres
Old 02-27-2021, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Snopyro
Found two online sites that sell them, but wondering if they are all made in China, so I should just buy the cheaper of the two. Anyone have comments, issues, or recommendations for purchasing one from either (or another) site?
German Car Accessories
AliExpres
I have the front DAP camera radar, so I would lean towards the German Car Accessories site since it gives the option... If you get it, let us know how it goes! I wonder if it'll look cheapy. And does the black or silver Audi logo look different from the OEM since it gives you a choice.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My experience with German Car Accessories.com

Before ordering I emailed first to verify if the product I was looking for was in stock. I was told that it was in stock. I proceeded to submit my order afterward. Being that the product was in stock, I assumed that the product would arrive in less than 5 days. I ordered April 2nd and received the grill on April 20, and the Audi rings the following day. The rings arrived with one of the tabs broken, but I managed to mount it securely. The product was shipped from China. This is why I sent an email before actually ordering. I didn't want to wait that long. The product is also sold on ebay for less. Overall, I can't say I liked the sales experience. It felt as if I was deceived into the sale. The product was not readily available when I asked and still had to be ordered from China. As far as the grill itself, it's ok. The quality of the plastic is good. Not as solid feeling as an oem, but it works and looks nice. The little "RS5" badge is ok. I did not use it. The fonts are not the same size and the red Audisport stripe is off, but for my application it didn't matter. So sales experience - not the best. Product is good, not super crazy excellent, but works.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A4junky
Product is good, not super crazy excellent, but works.
Can you post pictures of your replaced honeycomb grille? Was it hard to remove the front bumper?
Old 06-23-2021, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a picture you could post with the new grill.....thanks!