A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2019 A6, A7, and A8 Electrical Failures

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey Steve0913, any further updates?

Fingers crossed as I haven’t experienced anything as of yet for my 19, but it’s past due for it’s 2yr service and will ask my SA when I take it in next.
I only have 5,800 miles and it still has it quirks such as CarPlay tile reverting from short cuts, camera not auto activating properly at times (black screen or not on), but overall like you I enjoy the car when I drive it, just don’t want to be driving down the freeway here in Houston and it dies during rush hour! That would be a bad day for sure.
The following users liked this post:
ajmilan (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by KatyTxA7

Fingers crossed as I haven’t experienced anything as of yet for my 19, but it’s past due for it’s 2yr service and will ask my SA when I take it in next.
I only have 5,800 miles and it still has it quirks such as CarPlay tile reverting from short cuts, camera not auto activating properly at times (black screen or not on), but overall like you I enjoy the car when I drive it, just don’t want to be driving down the freeway here in Houston and it dies during rush hour! That would be a bad day for sure.
When you go in for service have them perform the fix for the known electrical issue as a preventative service while you're still under warranty. It's a known issue to dealers. See if they can code it to have the work done at no cost.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So after 1 week being out of a car, it got fixed. No problems now. Thankful it's under warranty. I think it must have been over $4K.

Cause: Starter Generator Faulty

4N0-903-028-P Alternator
Washer, Gasket, Coolant
New 000-915-105-CC-DSP battery
Battery removal, install, side trim removal/install, starter-alternator remove/install.
dcintron (08-29-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 12:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you for the information. I’m now more worried of a failure while driving out of town and being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I hate having that feeling of uncertainty and this 2019 A7 replaced a 2018 A6 that had motor issues around 6k miles. They had to replace the motor. I only stayed with Audi because the provided substantial trade in assistance. Everything was warranty, but that’s not the point. If I get stranded, I will never buy an Audi, period. I refuse to be stranded twice from Audi when no other brand that I’ve owned has ever stranded me once.

I will ask for replacement/repairs even though I haven’t experienced any issues and see if they will be proactive. That could also help make up my mind.
The following 2 users liked this post by KatyTxA7:
ajmilan (06-10-2022), Doug2.7 (12-15-2022)
Old 06-10-2022, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you for the information. I’m now more worried of a failure while driving out of town and being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I hate having that feeling of uncertainty and this 2019 A7 replaced a 2018 A6 that had motor issues around 6k miles. They had to replace the motor. I only stayed with Audi because the provided substantial trade in assistance. Everything was warranty, but that’s not the point. If I get stranded, I will never buy an Audi, period. I refuse to be stranded twice from Audi when no other brand that I’ve owned has ever stranded me once.

I will ask for replacement/repairs even though I haven’t experienced any issues and see if they will be proactive. That could also help make up my mind.
I’m totally with you on that. If next year I experience another major issue and it’s before warranty, then 💔 it might be….

I used Turo to drive around the All Electric IONIQ and it was pretty amazing. And I hear charges faster than the E-Tron. Only thing fell short is Massage Seats.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Let us know how your request for proactive service goes. Others may find this helpful if it works, although I thing this is one of those dealership-dependent situations.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 A6, A7, and A8 Electrical Failures

Just had the same issue on my 2018 A7 5.0 S-line. Did anyone get it done for free post warrantee ?
In the UK am guessing c£2500 and its a bitter pill to swallow especially as it had a NoX sensor replaced March.

I see there is a 27H2 recall note for A7's but the petrol not diesel ? (does fit in the VIN range and build date) its the same fault the, alternator is not charging so all the electricals are falling over.

Any advice on how to push it though with Audi ?

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-25-2022, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ajmilan
Let us know how your request for proactive service goes. Others may find this helpful if it works, although I thing this is one of those dealership-dependent situations.
Well, got the normal 2yr service, and discussed with them what I was reading on the failures and I wanted to be proactive.

They claimed that they have not seen this as an issue and other than the fuel sensor recall, no open tsb shown for my car. So, nothing else replaced until either Audi tells them or I have an issue.

It wasn’t what I wanted to hear, but couldn’t do anything about it unless I wanted to pay out of my pocket. I hope I don’t have a single issue or this car after repairs is gone.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default In-Console Charger

My in-console lay-flat phone charger just went dead on me, 2019 A7, 29,215 miles.
Scheduled a service visit for that and a warrantied minor service next week. If it's nasty, I'll post the sordid details.

Last edited by doctorharrison; 07-26-2022 at 11:38 AM.
ajmilan (07-26-2022)
Old 07-26-2022, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, got the normal 2yr service, and discussed with them what I was reading on the failures and I wanted to be proactive.

They claimed that they have not seen this as an issue and other than the fuel sensor recall, no open tsb shown for my car. So, nothing else replaced until either Audi tells them or I have an issue.

It wasn’t what I wanted to hear, but couldn’t do anything about it unless I wanted to pay out of my pocket. I hope I don’t have a single issue or this car after repairs is gone.
It's disappointing that they are not willing to be proactive with this eventual repair. I hope it fails tomorrow (or at a more convenient time) for you just so you can have the work done under warranty!

Quick Reply: 2019 A6, A7, and A8 Electrical Failures