A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Why Isn't M Mode on Heads Up Display

Old 05-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Isn't M Mode on Heads Up Display

I don't understand why the gear is not displayed on the heads up display when in manual mode. Is there a way to display it? The option is not on the settings screen. Is it likely it will find its way into a firmware upgrade.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Knuck
I don't understand why the gear is not displayed on the heads up display when in manual mode. Is there a way to display it? The option is not on the settings screen. Is it likely it will find its way into a firmware upgrade.
It is not displayed because the designers of the car in their wisdom (or lack of it) decided not to include it (or have never thought of it). Requests for it (and for dozens of other "would be nice" features) should be sent directly to Audi headquarters. Neither this forum, nor the service department of the dealers will achieve that, have to do it directly to headquarters.

The more requests they receive, the more likely that the feature would be added in a firmware upgrade.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get it in the Instrument Cluster DIS (Driver Information Display) but not the Windshield heads up Driver information Display
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2012, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevial
you can get it in the Instrument Cluster DIS (Driver Information Display) but not the Windshield heads up Driver information Display
LOL.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads with no shoulders and 200 foot drops, you don't want to have to take your eyes off the road which you have to do to look at the Instrument Cluster display.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads with no shoulders and 200 foot drops, you don't want to have to take your eyes off the road which you have to do to look at the Instrument Cluster display.
Your right, complain to Audi of America, I tried to stop complaining about how the American market gets short changed.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Gear in DIS?

Stevial: I may be missing something; but I don't believe my DIS displays the gear# when in automatic. VAGCOM?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
It is not displayed because the designers of the car in their wisdom (or lack of it) decided not to include it (or have never thought of it). Requests for it (and for dozens of other "would be nice" features) should be sent directly to Audi headquarters. Neither this forum, nor the service department of the dealers will achieve that, have to do it directly to headquarters.

The more requests they receive, the more likely that the feature would be added in a firmware upgrade.
I'm up in Canada so I sent an email to Audi Canada Headquarters requesting they consider adding this feature in a forthcoming firmware upgrade. The reply I got was they were sorry I had a bad service visit experience. It's appears Audi could care less what we think, at least in this country, as they didn't even bother to read my email. They probably have a computer send an auto reply. Very disappointing customer service.

Is it true that the U.S. model does not get the S-Tronic transmission. I thought it was bad enough that we don't get google earth navigation or wifi hotspot.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jfourman
Stevial: I may be missing something; but I don't believe my DIS displays the gear# when in automatic. VAGCOM?

yep vag com, its in the instrument cluster in adaptations, you should be able to find it
Old 05-04-2012, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes but when your driving aggressively on curvy mountain roads .....
I let my ears tell me which gear I'm in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why Isn't M Mode on Heads Up Display