A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Filler plate wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filler plate wtf?

My dad ordered a filler plate and asked me to throw it on for him. I personally feel like a frggin retard I can't get the old oneoff. I've done auto-->5spd swaps, clutch jobs on all 3 drivetrain layouts, turbo conversions and roots blower installs. even helped build a 2wd rally car, but I can't figure out how in the **** to take this plate off. I try and pull the bottom out and I feel like I'm going to brake something. I try and get my hands on the clips from the inside and the horizontal bars cut the inside of my fingers and I then I can't reach or get enough angle. What in the hell is the process to get this damn thing off!!?!?!?!!
Old 04-08-2012, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to get the clips from the inside, but it sounds like you know that already. It's tough getting your arm in there. You don't need tools tool to undo the clips. I used a mirror and a flashlight to get my bearings first. It took a while. I had to stop several times due to frustration. I don't think that there is any special trick to it.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tpb857
You have to get the clips from the inside, but it sounds like you know that already. It's tough getting your arm in there. You don't need tools tool to undo the clips. I used a mirror and a flashlight to get my bearings first. It took a while. I had to stop several times due to frustration. I don't think that there is any special trick to it.
I tried and its impossible. Its not happening. Ended up removing the radiator cowl and going from up top...such a stupid design I don't understand why they couldn't make it like the A5/S5 or )7 where it just snaps in and off.....

Thanks for the response though!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I would like to remove the front plate, also. Can you post the part no. for this filler plate?

Thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vuvision
I would like to remove the front plate, also. Can you post the part no. for this filler plate?

Thanks
Wasn't given it. Dealer told me it could not be ordered.... so they took it off a lot car because they gave me the wrong one when I ordered one and made me go back to switch it out with a new car they were delivered.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LASERsareRED
Wasn't given it. Dealer told me it could not be ordered.... so they took it off a lot car because they gave me the wrong one when I ordered one and made me go back to switch it out with a new car they were delivered.
The dealer gave you some wrong info. I got my car in a state that requires a front plate, so it had the set up for it. My state does not require a front plate. The dealer ordered me a filler plate the day I got the car. I had to pay for it. It was shipped directly to my house and I put it on as soon as it arrived. Unfortunately, I don't have the part number for it.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:32 AM
xgd
Audiworld Junior Member

You were given wrong information.
The filler plate can be ordered.
It's part # 4G8-807-287-T94
I ordered mine though my dealer for $150.00 and they put it on for free (although I did give the guy who installed a $20)
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xgd
I ordered mine though my dealer for $150.00 and they put it on for free (although I did give the guy who installed a $20)
Local dealer wants $260. Texas requires the front plate, and I was going to take my chance. But I'm having second thought getting this since swapping back to reinstall the front plate appears to be too difficult for me.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by xgd
I know I was lied to. And every dealer in 100 mile radius wanted 300. Even online wholesale sites wanted about 260. Paid $283 with tax at the dealer I bought the car from.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I know I was lied to. And every dealer in 100 mile radius wanted 300. Even online wholesale sites wanted about 260. Paid $283 with tax at the dealer I bought the car from.
My dealer told me it was $260 list price for the part but that because I tried to get it at the time I bought the car they sold it to me at their cost which he said was $150 and agree to put it on for free.

Quick Reply: Filler plate wtf?