A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?

Old 05-14-2014, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?

I never had problems with mine but the software was updated. The dynamic mode now has become what was comfort. Some might prefer the lighter steering but I don't like it at all. My tech said due to safety reasons he is not able to revert it back.

I hope Audi will have another update soon, because I really don't like driving a Caddy...
Old 05-15-2014, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquarian
I never had problems with mine but the software was updated.
What was the software update - was it done during routine maintenance?
Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This topic already has has several threads with dozens and dozens of posts in almost all of the C7 forums. Do a search - you can't miss them.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just got the update last week with my 15K service...

Waaay lighter steering feel than before. The car was set to comfort mode when I left the dealership, so I thought that was the reason. But even in auto mode, it feels the same. I now have the steering set in dynamic all the time, but it is still too light for my tastes.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This topic already has has several threads with dozens and dozens of posts in almost all of the C7 forums. Do a search - you can't miss them.
Thanks mr. grumpy - but apparently the dozens and dozens of threads are not on the entire first page of A7 forum. Guess I need to thoroughly search all the C7 forums before responding in the future.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Thanks mr. grumpy - but apparently the dozens and dozens of threads are not on the entire first page of A7 forum. Guess I need to thoroughly search all the C7 forums before responding in the future.
Yup. That's why there's a search. So you can find threads and posts among the thousands that are not on the first page of a forum. BTW, my post was directed at the OP so your cute comment was unnecessary.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yup. That's why there's a search. So you can find threads and posts among the thousands that are not on the first page of a forum. BTW, my post was directed at the OP so your cute comment was unnecessary.
Come on, man. It wouldn't hurt to start an A7 thread about the steering wheel update, would it? Most of posts are under A6. We have A7's here.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Come on, man. It wouldn't hurt to start an A7 thread about the steering wheel update, would it? Most of posts are under A6. We have A7's here.
I was simply pointing out that there were several threads already on the subject (including a couple on this forum) that you might find useful to answer your original question. It's true that the most comments are over at the A6 forum but the electric steering system and update are shared by all C7s.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was simply pointing out that there were several threads already on the subject (including a couple on this forum) that you might find useful to answer your original question. It's true that the most comments are over at the A6 forum but the electric steering system and update are shared by all C7s.
The electric steering updates were involved with many other models as well. You can't simply group A7's and A6's together. If you think all A7 owners will read the stuff in the A6 section, you are wrong.

I have already read numerous posts, if not all, from the A6 section and have even posted a reply https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...teering+update which nobody answered/replied. Is this that serious when I decided to start another thread within the A7 when nobody cares about the A6 steering update anymore?

Maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to combine C7 A6 and A7 into 1 section.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

...You can't simply group A7's and A6's together.

...Maybe, just maybe, it might be a good idea to combine C7 A6 and A7 into 1 section.
I guess I'm confused by these comments...

In any case, it was requested awhile ago by many A7, S6 and S7 member owners to split them off from one C7 forum to their own model so the Admin did just that.

You might be surprised at how many owners of the different C7 models browse and post in all four of the forums since there is so much in common with the models. As I'm running around monitoring many different forums as an AW moderator, I see this almost every day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who is not happy with the steering wheel software update?