A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

We're road testing the A7 this week, if anyone has questions about the car, ask here

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Default We're road testing the A7 this week, if anyone has questions about the car, ask here

We'll do our best to answer any questions people might have. First thing we have to say, what a car! =)

Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car! Some questions for you:

- which wheels are those? 19 or 20?

- how is the rear visibility? Apparently cameras are on back order for months due to the Japanese disaster. Is it possible to back the car up without the camera?

- how do the steering and road feel compare to other cars in its class?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by caesar2011
Great looking car! Some questions for you:

- which wheels are those? 19 or 20?

- how is the rear visibility? Apparently cameras are on back order for months due to the Japanese disaster. Is it possible to back the car up without the camera?

- how do the steering and road feel compare to other cars in its class?

Thanks!
I think everyone is getting a little too carried away these days with technology. "Is it possible to back the car up without the camera" Seriously?
Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by no cell
I think everyone is getting a little too carried away these days with technology. "Is it possible to back the car up without the camera" Seriously?
Seriously! Have you driven any coupe recently? Visibility usually sucks! Have you driven the A7, specifically? are you aware of the size of the back window - not from the pictures but when you are in the car?
Old 06-15-2011, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Rear visibility is not that bad for A7. When you are backing up, you are supposed to put your right hand behind the passenger seat and turn your head completely so your face is facing the rear while your left hand is holding the steering wheel. Well, the backup camera is useful in detecting small things right behind your rear bumper....
Old 06-16-2011, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by caesar2011
Seriously! Have you driven any coupe recently? Visibility usually sucks! Have you driven the A7, specifically? are you aware of the size of the back window - not from the pictures but when you are in the car?
Yes, I have driven a "coupe" recently. In fact, until I bought my 2010 S4, I owned nothing but "coupes" for 30 years including the 1st generation TT which many say was claustrophobic with the high beltline and relatively low roofline - never had a problem seeing out of it.
You asked if it's POSSIBLE to back up without the camera? I'm going to go out on a limb without having driven an A7 that, yeah, it's POSSIBLE.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by no cell
Yes, I have driven a "coupe" recently. In fact, until I bought my 2010 S4, I owned nothing but "coupes" for 30 years including the 1st generation TT which many say was claustrophobic with the high beltline and relatively low roofline - never had a problem seeing out of it.
You asked if it's POSSIBLE to back up without the camera? I'm going to go out on a limb without having driven an A7 that, yeah, it's POSSIBLE.
I've just ordered A7 Prestige, but didn't elect to have side assist (going for winter package instead for my climate). I assumed the side assist wasn't very important. Is it given this thread?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Head Cat Herder

This car has 19s on it. Rearward visibility is the same as an A6 basically. The side mirrors are huge, and the back window is generous. The camera helps, but lack of it is not a big deal.

Road feel is very good. Even in Dynamic mode, the feel is good.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:49 AM
Head Cat Herder

Rearward visibility is excellent, basically the same as an A6. The camera helps for sure, but it's not required as it is on say an R8.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Head Cat Herder

The A7 back window is huge.

Quick Reply: We're road testing the A7 this week, if anyone has questions about the car, ask here