A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Used 2013 A7 - Questions / Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Used 2013 A7 - Questions / Advice

Hello, I am looking a used 2013 A7 (8,300 miles, Premium Plus, Brilliant Black exterior, 20" Sports Package and Cold Weather Package and had some questions for the group

1. NJ Dealer is asking $54,500 - that seams pretty reasonable to me but what do you think?

2. Car is not a CPO - is this a big deal? Dealer said that if the car does not sell after some time they will make a CPO but that raises the selling price? Is there any insight in the cost to make a car a CPO? I think if I asked him to CPO it, they would but they will charge me for it.

3. Is there anything I should have checked out / look into on the car?

4. Any brilliant black owners here? How is the paint holding up (particulary when it comes to swirl marks)?

5. I am somewhat concerned about going with the 20" sports package since I live in NJ (lots of bad roads) and occasionally drive into NYC.

By comparison - if I was too build a 2014 A7 from scratch I would go with the 19" sports, metallic paint and the Side Assist on a Prem Plus. Taking into account the 6% ACNA discount and then a 1,500 loyalty discount - it seems like I should be able to build a new one for about $61,945.

Any advice / insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My brother has a 2013 A6 with the 20"'s and while they look awesome, the ride and road noise is significantly worse than the 19"s. Add the fact that they will be inferior in snow/slush and it's a pretty strong case to go with 19's. That, or buy a set of 18" wheels for the winter and use the 20"s for the summer.

I would spend the (relatively) small amount more and get what you want. My 2 cents.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 363ny
Hello, I am looking a used 2013 A7 (8,300 miles, Premium Plus, Brilliant Black exterior, 20" Sports Package and Cold Weather Package and had some questions for the group

1. NJ Dealer is asking $54,500 - that seams pretty reasonable to me but what do you think?

2. Car is not a CPO - is this a big deal? Dealer said that if the car does not sell after some time they will make a CPO but that raises the selling price? Is there any insight in the cost to make a car a CPO? I think if I asked him to CPO it, they would but they will charge me for it.

4. Any brilliant black owners here? How is the paint holding up (particulary when it comes to swirl marks)?

5. I am somewhat concerned about going with the 20" sports package since I live in NJ (lots of bad roads) and occasionally drive into NYC.

By comparison - if I was too build a 2014 A7 from scratch I would go with the 19" sports, metallic paint and the Side Assist on a Prem Plus. Taking into account the 6% ACNA discount and then a 1,500 loyalty discount - it seems like I should be able to build a new one for about $61,945.

Thanks
Jeff
Random responses

1. I've only had my 2013 for 1 month (was a "new" title, but a demo with 5k miles), but I have the 20" sport package in Boston (roads equal to or worse than NJ) and love it. Definitely a less cushy ride, but a great feel if that is what you like (really depends on how you like to drive). HOWEVER, living in NJ (unless maybe cape may or Atlantic counties) you probably need to add to the cost of the car snow tires. At least that is the way I thought about it

2. When I purchased my used 08 a8, I believe the dealer told me the extra CPO cost was $1,500. For a 2013, with only 8,000 miles - not sure it would be necessary (assuming the original warranty transfers to you - I have no idea if it does)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

RookieWill and Scott F - thank you for the responses. At the moment, I am leaning towards doing a new build
Old 11-05-2013, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replies below...

Originally Posted by 363ny

I paid $59.5K for a new 0 mile 2013 A7 last October (P+, Cold Weather, Side Assist). You can probably do better than $54.5.

CPO is great on a used car - everything is negotiable.

Car Fax, maintenance records, test drive.

Yes, I have a brilliant Black and love it. I only use a touchless car wash and have no swirl marks. However if you are fussy - BB is probably not for you.

I test drove the 20" and did not like it. The 19" is a perfect compromise for New England and NJ/NY roads. Give up looks for comfort.

This is not a huge difference to get the exact car you want - but it's obviously your money.

Set a top price you are willing to pay for the used A7 (Maybe $51K?) - if they accept then buy the car. If they don't accept your offer - negotiate with all the area dealers for the best price on a new A7. Good luck with your decision - you will love the A7.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-07-2013, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a CPO 2013 brilliant black Prestige A7 with 13k miles and there are no distinguishable swirls since dealer detailed. I know this color is going to require good waxing, but it is mean looking...

I was reluctant to get 20" wheels (in Chicago) and am happy with the 19" sport suspension package.

The $8k difference from 2013 to 2014 is about where I was at, and being an irrational consumer, did not want to wait 1-3 months for new.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
and being an irrational consumer, did not want to wait 1-3 months for new.
think of it as "recycling"