A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

side view mirror glass shattered!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I think he's referring to Side Assist. However, the sensors are in the bumper, not the mirror housings. Side assist does have the LEDs in the mirror housing though which would make the housing cost more than without I would presume.
True enough. While the sensors are not in the mirrors, the indicators are and so are the motors etc that do the mirror retraction etc... on cars with side assist. They are very expensive to replace.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default new mirror

okay so i went to my body shop Midisland Collision in Lakeview Ny one of the best body shops arounds my area , audi, benz, bmw, maybach, bentley, etc certified porsche race team gets there smacked race cars fixed here we have had done business too many times in the past unfortunetly lol but it paid off they got me my mirror at body shop cost $350 and installed which is easy but just to add that any way. Thanks for the reply's
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Asi7verbullit
okay so i went to my body shop Midisland Collision in Lakeview Ny one of the best body shops arounds my area , audi, benz, bmw, maybach, bentley, etc certified porsche race team gets there smacked race cars fixed here we have had done business too many times in the past unfortunetly lol but it paid off they got me my mirror at body shop cost $350 and installed which is easy but just to add that any way. Thanks for the reply's

Just curious, do you still go to school?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Asi7verbullit
Word of Advice, set your mirrors to power fold in when you lock your A7.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by aquarian
Just curious, do you still go to school?
lol yes why i sound like a kid probably my typing does?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

also i wrote that post in the middle of my night in atlantic city off my iphone hahah
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Have scraped my 19" wheels two times while parking... Is there any repair that can be made on these or is it necessary to just replace them when they get too bad?
Old 03-15-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammersam
Have scraped my 19" wheels two times while parking... Is there any repair that can be made on these or is it necessary to just replace them when they get too bad?
They can be repaired/repainted and it is not a very difficult task, even for a "hobby bodyman".

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/realwhda.html

Don't do it with the wheel on the car, though! Take it off and do the spray painting well away from the vehicle, unless you want to enhance your fender with a nice silver glitter.

Last edited by fkaufman; 03-15-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Excellent news!!!!
I just went to my body shop and he gave it to me for 288 dollars his cost and installed it to , he also informed me that only them and a body shop in NJ are the only two body shops certified to even repair an A7 , just throwing it out there if anyone in the area needed to repair an A7
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sammersam
I am on the mobile website so I can't see what area you are from but here in long island Ny we have many companies that fix wheels for nothing. There is a place called wheel fix it , I had them repair a 2011 BMW 550 19" wheel that was so curbed up, they picked up te wheel at 8 am from my home, fixed it, and brought it back the next morning at 8 am for $150 I think it was or maybe less