A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Seat alignment

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat alignment

I've had the car for about 4 months now and love the drive and quality of the car, but one thing really bugs me and that's the seat. I don't seem to sit in the centre of the seat, no matter what I do I always seem to be leaning to one side of the seat. Does anyone else find that themselves leaning to one side?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tALLPIG
I've had the car for about 4 months now and love the drive and quality of the car, but one thing really bugs me and that's the seat. I don't seem to sit in the centre of the seat, no matter what I do I always seem to be leaning to one side of the seat. Does anyone else find that themselves leaning to one side?
Know what you mean, I figured I'd see the Doc for a butt realignment.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
You'll need a staggered setup if you're sitting on a fat wallet.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Now that I'm recovering from back surgery I had done last week, I'm hoping as a side benefit my seat alignment will be improved. In any case, can't wait to get back behind the wheel again, lopsided or otherwise.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by tALLPIG
If you look at it carefully, you will find that the centerline of the driver seat does not line up with the center of the steering wheel. It may be a design feature that has not been explained anywhere.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been wondering the same thing. I thought it was Audi's way to say that autobahn drivers should be too engaged to use the head rest (center your head on it and it will be on the left edge).
Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Now that I'm recovering from back surgery I had done last week, I'm hoping as a side benefit my seat alignment will be improved. In any case, can't wait to get back behind the wheel again, lopsided or otherwise.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, SnagIt. Although with the weather coming your way, you're probably better off staying put. Not to get too graphic but in April 2011, I had C4 to C7 worked on that left me with 2, 5" titanium rods and 8 screws in place. I was told it was the result of too many rear enders in the NYC area. Ironically, all three accidents occurred on sunny, clear days. Amazing considering I drove to work everyday in all sorts of inclement weather. Go figure.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
You'll need a staggered setup if you're sitting on a fat wallet.
Thanks for the advice; however the wife thins out the fat on a regular basis.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Wishing you a speedy recovery, SnagIt. Although with the weather coming your way, you're probably better off staying put. Not to get too graphic but in April 2011, I had C4 to C7 worked on that left me with 2, 5" titanium rods and 8 screws in place. I was told it was the result of too many rear enders in the NYC area. Ironically, all three accidents occurred on sunny, clear days. Amazing considering I drove to work everyday in all sorts of inclement weather. Go figure.
Thanks. This was my second back surgery in ten years. Next is cataract surgery and some serious dental work. Getting old sucks. I'm starting to feel like an Audi with 150k+ miles. Thankfully, I now have Medicare and gap insurance. Kind of like Audi Care coupled with a limited extended warranty.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I completely agree that the seat does not align with the searing wheel. Infact, after 3 months I had quite bad back pain and I had to continuously re-adjust the seat to find a comfortable position. I expect this is why they provide a comfort pack, which can not be retro fitted unless you go through a huge expense. I had a A4 previously which had the same alignment issue, but the seat was much better.

On the other hand, with My BMW I didn't even think about the seat, its aligned, comfortable and does not require a second thought (even the standard/ basic seats provided).

Whats worse, and only noticed this after a few weeks of driving, is that the arm rests are at a different level. the centre arm rest is higher than the door arm rest. the window seal hasn't got a proper lip to rest me elbow

Ok rant over.

Last edited by viks07; 02-10-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Seat alignment