A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Regretting A7 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know many of you want all the options but you have to consider this from Audi's perspective. Why provide every option if you do not know how the car is going to do in the US?

Just like the CLS 4-5 years ago it did not come with all of the available options it does today. They have already changed the styling of the car because of the drastic decrease in sales. Just my personal opinion but I believe Audi made a great choice in the options provided. Things like soft-close doors, lane assist, park assist are cool options but just more things to break and more things that take away from the driving experience.

I have soft close doors on my X6 but I'm the only one that ever uses them and I'm waiting for the day that they break ($$$$$).
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A7Beach
I know many of you want all the options but you have to consider this from Audi's perspective. Why provide every option if you do not know how the car is going to do in the US?

Just like the CLS 4-5 years ago it did not come with all of the available options it does today. They have already changed the styling of the car because of the drastic decrease in sales. Just my personal opinion but I believe Audi made a great choice in the options provided. Things like soft-close doors, lane assist, park assist are cool options but just more things to break and more things that take away from the driving experience.

I have soft close doors on my X6 but I'm the only one that ever uses them and I'm waiting for the day that they break ($$$$$).
I don't think it speaks well of a company when customers are "spared" options for fear of unreliability... And I won't have the vehicle past its manufacturer's warranty, so repairs are on Audi's dime. My original point is simply a bit of regret regarding my purchase. Again, you live and you learn... This will more than likely be my last Audi. For $79K Mercedes does offer all those features (Even less in BMW's case)
Old 05-15-2012, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This was the 1st year for the A7. It's been a huge success, and I don't see how anybody could say Audi didn't hit a home run with the car.

It's got most all the technology that people could want. So it's tough to agree with anybody that complains about options, or lack there-of on the A7.

With all the different trims and colors, you can make a fantastic looking car. And for ~70 grand, you can get a prestige car with the 20" wheels and full LED lights. Add the innovation package and you're still under 75k.

BMW just announced pricing for the 6 gran sport. It's got a 3.0 engine, RWD, and the base price is 76k. And then you add options.

My only complaint with the A7 echoes some others with wanting sport seats for some more support. But sans that, the car was 97% right on the money.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
... Again, you live and you learn... This will more than likely be my last Audi. For $79K Mercedes does offer all those features (Even less in BMW's case)
My previous vehicle was a Merc, recently bought the wife the new 2012 ML350 Bluetec. So I'm definitely not a MB hater, and before purchasing my A7 I was seriously considering the MB CLS and the BMW 6 series Gran Coupe (coming this summer), I went through the online build as well as sitting down with sales guys at both dealers and they were significantly more than $79K for a comparable equipped options. Where did you get this $79K price? Just curious.

Regardless, I was tired MB styling and certainly wouldn't want the dime a dozen BMW (3 BMW owners just within my cul de sac neighborhood). My Audi A7 is the one & only in our entire subdivision ... for now, crossing my fingers ;-)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vuvision
Where did you get this $79K price? Just curious.
You're right, the one I priced was $84K... But USAA gives ~$5K in discounts on MBs
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Not me

I never thought I'd pay 70k for a house, let alone a car! I'm still not telling my Dad what I paid.

But I love the car, no regrets. I get compliments wherever I go. So much, that it's embarrassing.

I've beefed up the stereo, put the Stasis exhaust on it. I'll chip it when Stasis comes out with their ECU, which should be soon.

Name:  Driveway2.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  92.0 KB
Old 06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

In July it will be a year that I've had the A7 and while I've had small issues with it here and there, I'm still just as in love with it as I was when I first got it
Old 06-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi A7 is one of the best audi car models it goes on sale in United states in 2012. Audi A7, a stylish new low-roof hatchback designed to answer the Mercedes CLS and a similar "four-door coupe" expected from BMW.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jennysmith
Audi A7 is one of the best audi car models it goes on sale in United states in 2012. Audi A7, a stylish new low-roof hatchback designed to answer the Mercedes CLS and a similar "four-door coupe" expected from BMW.
Huh?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
Huh?
Just shared opinion about it...Nothing Else.. ;-)

Quick Reply: Regretting A7 purchase?