A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Regretting A7 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a GREAT car... Don't mistake my frustration w/ unhappiness. I love the car, but it doesn't appear that Audi reciprocates my feelings here in the US.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you looked at the prices the Europeans pay compared to North America?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Try getting into the back seat of the new CLS. Forget it, the shape of the door and the rear sill plate makes the rear seat almost useless in the car - why buy a 4 door coupe if you can't get people into the rear seat? Might as well just get the E550 coupe.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Me and my fiance are the only people ever in my car... Furthermore, I'm 6'4, so no one ever sits behind me, thus it mind as well be a coupe. Needless to say, who can sit behind me has never been a factor for me in purchasing a vehicle
Old 05-11-2012, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Enjoy the Benz, great car. Decide what's right for you, move on, don't look back, forget there will always be SOMETHING out there you do not currently posses & you'll be happy. Otherwise..not so much.

We all hit that point sooner or later, that's a BIG motivator why we all switch cars from time to time. Just hit you sooner than later. But it will hit most of us at some point. The next owner of your 7 will be very happy with your decission.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raslam77
It's a GREAT car... Don't mistake my frustration w/ unhappiness. I love the car, but it doesn't appear that Audi reciprocates my feelings here in the US.
The A7 is a great Car, don't get me wrong, all we asking for are the same options that the European cars get, I want the choice. That's all.

The list of options available on the Euro version A7 is vast compared to the US Spec A7.

And its not apple to Oranges, the same features mentioned that are available on the US Spec CLS 550 are available on the Euro Spec A7.

Some of the options that are available on the European A7

Power closing doors
Comfort seats - Same Seats as the A8 - with Massaging Feature
High beam assistance - will automatically switch high on and off for optimum lighting at night and on dark unlit highways or back roads
Air suspension - with Adjustable Ride height
Lane assist with auto correction
Five seat option - five passenger in lieu of 4
Sports differential
Infotainment list and speed limit display on heads up display
Audi Entertainment Mobile (Rear Entertainment System
Heat/sound Insulating Glass
Tow Bar - OK i don't really care about that one
Park Assist - Audi's Self parking system

In the end all I want are the ability to pick and choose those options.

End of story

Last edited by Stevial; 05-11-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2013 model is offering 5 seat option and lane assist, but not sure about auto correction.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Once you get the Benz you will regret getting rid of your A7.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, if you are really only interested in the front seat, then I guess the CLS is competitive if you indeed want a 4 door. As a Benz owner now, my biggest concern about Audi remains the dealer network, specifically service - its no where near as good as Mercedes in my opinion. That said, I like the A7 better then the CLS - its an all around more practical everyday car.

Last edited by nyca; 05-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raslam77
Seeing all the goodies Audi kept from its US A7 market kind of puts me in a sour place – I’ve been regretting my purchase more and more lately. I originally intended on trading up to the S7 next year, but I’ll more than likely go w/ a used CLS63. I’m whining again, but c’mon Audi… $75K and you hold out?! Live and learn. :/
I know how you feel, early January I had order a 2012 CLS 63 AMG fully loaded with al options except ceramic brakes for 127K and backed out a month later after seeing the A7, don't get me wrong the CLS 63 it's much nicer and faster but it's also over 40K more than the A7 so for me it was a no brainier.

Quick Reply: Regretting A7 purchase?