A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

My first post... NAV question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first post... NAV question

Greetings folks. I bought a 2013 A7 in March, U.S. spec, and shipped it to Germany where I'm now living and my MMI Nav unit thinks I'm in Newfoundland... which is the correct latitude, but a little off on the longitude, way off actually, LOL.

I asked my local German Audi service department if I could get my Nav system updated with European maps and was told it's not as simple as that. They suggested several components would have to be replaced and they couldn't guarantee it would even work properly. They seemed confused for awhile and may not have even wanted to bother with my issue; so, I'm not 100 percent confident with the answer they gave me and thought I'd get some second opinions from this group. I'd certainly appreciate any info you could provide.

I'm gonna be living in Germany for the next 3-5 years and would sure like to use the Nav function. I don't understand how my U.S. cell phone GPS capability made made a seamless transition but my Audi did not.

Anyone have first hand experience or even heard of this being done?

Thanks in adavance and I look forward to lurking around, checking out your rides, and getting some performance mod tips.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Someone had it done while in Europe. It does require alternate components.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ght=europe+nav
Old 06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Georgiarocker,

I'm in Vicenza and have a '14 A7. Sorry to inform you that you'll have to get your system "reprogrammed" for Euro spec and then convert back to US spec when you leave (which by the way will void the warranty for the MMI). I've contacted Audi AG direct in Ingolstadt and the tech there said they'd love to replace my US unit for a Euro one but they have different components, wiring, etc. PM me and I can send you the contact I have that's right outside Nuremberg.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I haven't checked back in lately, I'm still trying to find a place to live and been focusing on that.

Looks like there may be some hope for me. I'm not too concerned with the warranty and I think I'll probably sell the at before I return to the states anyway.

I'll follow up with you soon big daddy.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, I completely understand. Get the family settled and the house set up and we'll talk then. I recently found out that they are offering a new set-up with a two year warranty that promises full functionality. The big kick in the junk is that they're asking 3000 euro. Pass.