A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

my Audi App usefulness on a 2016 A7 with Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Audi App usefulness on a 2016 A7 with Audi Connect

I've done some searching and not been able to find what functionality should be available in the my Audi app with my A7. Wife's e-Tron has all kinds of cool stuff, mine says contact dealer to get registered to your car... Is there anything I'm missing or is it just going to show me my warranty info?

Thanks!!
Chris
Old 06-26-2020, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't hold me to this, but I don't believe you can use the app with your 2016 A7. I know it didn't work with my 2015 A7, but does work with my 2019 A7
Old 06-26-2020, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,066 Likes on 741 Posts

The only thing the app is good for with the C7 is sending navigation destinations to the car. Once you have your myAudi account setup and added your car, you can search for destinations in the app and then send them to the car. On the iPhone (may be working on Android now, too) you can also share destinations from apps like Google Maps directly to the car. Simply tap the Share button in the respective app and pick the myAudi app as the share target from the list of apps (you may have to tap More to add the myAudi app to the list). Once the destination is sent, in the car go to Online Destinations and then destinations from myAudi account and you should see all the previously sent destinations. You can keep up to 50 destinations I believe in your myAudi account. You can delete the ones you no longer need from the app or by logging in to your account with any browser and go to online destinations.

This was a pretty useful feature for me back in the day with my 2013 RS5 which also only supported sending destinations. It was much easier and faster than trying to enter destinations directly into the MMI or use voice control. Occasionally I did a Google search directly from the MMI, but most of the time I sent it through the phone. The app also has access to your calendar and you can directly send locations from your upcoming calendar appointments to the car. That's actually how I did it most of the time as I usually put the places I need to be on my calendar.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
The only thing the app is good for with the C7 is sending navigation destinations to the car. Once you have your myAudi account setup and added your car, you can search for destinations in the app and then send them to the car. On the iPhone (may be working on Android now, too) you can also share destinations from apps like Google Maps directly to the car. Simply tap the Share button in the respective app and pick the myAudi app as the share target from the list of apps (you may have to tap More to add the myAudi app to the list). Once the destination is sent, in the car go to Online Destinations and then destinations from myAudi account and you should see all the previously sent destinations. You can keep up to 50 destinations I believe in your myAudi account. You can delete the ones you no longer need from the app or by logging in to your account with any browser and go to online destinations.

This was a pretty useful feature for me back in the day with my 2013 RS5 which also only supported sending destinations. It was much easier and faster than trying to enter destinations directly into the MMI or use voice control. Occasionally I did a Google search directly from the MMI, but most of the time I sent it through the phone. The app also has access to your calendar and you can directly send locations from your upcoming calendar appointments to the car. That's actually how I did it most of the time as I usually put the places I need to be on my calendar.
I can confirm that on both my 15 a6 and 12 a7 the only feature supported is sending destinations with the app.