A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Latest S/W Versions ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weth
But does it show track information if you are streaming content from Spotify, Mog, Pandora, Slacker, or some other similar service?
YES, with 609 BlueTooth streaming from iPhone 5 to Audi MMI will display Text (Artist, Title, etc)via music streaming services. I verified with MOG. Previously this didn't work in 566 with ANY service.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just heard back from my audi dealer--they said they'd do a courtesy one time upgrade but typically thats not something they do unless there is a warranty concern.

I replied and said I'd rather not use up my one time courtesy anything--especially when I listed things that I thought should warranty an upgrade. Another thing I noticed today--sometimes my seat memory decides not to remember me and I have to push (and hold) one. Lately its been the steering wheel that just doesnt return, random, no reason for it.

Hopefully they say they'll do 609--because one of the things I'd like to have fixed is the track information from spotify. That doesnt sound like an 'upgrade' - sounds like they fixed a bug or fixed the way it works with ios6/iphone5.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Snagit, Looks like my post got lost in the trail, can you reply when you get a chance Trying to get the song name in the DIS....Screenshots are in post #27 Thanks!

Originally Posted by vishkey
Snagit, Did you mean it will only show the station name in the DIS? It shows the song name in the MMI but I was trying to get it on the DIS. Here are the settings I have and if you look at the DIS it says Octane which is the station name, i believe its the same for FM as well...
Old 05-13-2013, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Only the station name will appear in the DIS. Sorry, if I misstated otherwise.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't that just **** you off? Here we are in 2013, and ANY device on the planet can be upgraded to a later / better version, EXCEPT a $70k+ car. Really? This should NOT be so difficult. Nobody wants to buy a car this expensive, and then live with outdated software more or less within the first year of ownership. These car companies need to take a page out of the TESLA book...they literally stream / download software updates to their cars. Now, THAT's a modern approach to software relevance.

I am on 487, and it appears that I am stuck there until I get rid of the car. I just cannot believe that Audi, a company that wants to be portrayed as modern (Vorsprung durch Technik, anyone?), would disappoint its most revered market segment, the affluent car buyer, but refusing to upload software changes that are literally inevitable in today's fast-moving software development / technology market.

To look at a bluetooth-streaming iPhone display "blank" information on a $70k+ car is, to say the least, highly irritating, if not disgusting.

pfffffffft....steam...out of ears....

:/

Darrel

Originally Posted by jayhawk785
I just heard back from my audi dealer--they said they'd do a courtesy one time upgrade but typically thats not something they do unless there is a warranty concern.

I replied and said I'd rather not use up my one time courtesy anything--especially when I listed things that I thought should warranty an upgrade. Another thing I noticed today--sometimes my seat memory decides not to remember me and I have to push (and hold) one. Lately its been the steering wheel that just doesnt return, random, no reason for it.

Hopefully they say they'll do 609--because one of the things I'd like to have fixed is the track information from spotify. That doesnt sound like an 'upgrade' - sounds like they fixed a bug or fixed the way it works with ios6/iphone5.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by darreln
Doesn't that just **** you off? Here we are in 2013, and ANY device on the planet can be upgraded to a later / better version, EXCEPT a $70k+ car. Really? This should NOT be so difficult. Nobody wants to buy a car this expensive, and then live with outdated software more or less within the first year of ownership. These car companies need to take a page out of the TESLA book...they literally stream / download software updates to their cars. Now, THAT's a modern approach to software relevance.

I am on 487, and it appears that I am stuck there until I get rid of the car. I just cannot believe that Audi, a company that wants to be portrayed as modern (Vorsprung durch Technik, anyone?), would disappoint its most revered market segment, the affluent car buyer, but refusing to upload software changes that are literally inevitable in today's fast-moving software development / technology market.

To look at a bluetooth-streaming iPhone display "blank" information on a $70k+ car is, to say the least, highly irritating, if not disgusting.

pfffffffft....steam...out of ears....

:/

Darrel
What did the dealer tell you? I got the version updated from 487 to 566 after seeing MMI screen pausing. There was much reluctance and I had to keep pushing the issue. Finally said ok, they had car for a full day updating.

This should be part of maintenance, not something you must plead for.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Made a story up

I just told them I had issues with MMI, I do, and they updated mine to 566 - no grief.

I agree about Tesla. But there's a big difference from selling 4000 cars to selling the number of cars Audi does. Tesla can be nimble now, because they're small. We'll see if their operation scales. But I'm rooting for them, for sure. Every car person should.

If Tesla is successful, I think car companies will copy them. But streaming updates isn't visionary, for sure.

FWIW. Audi has already announced they're moving fast towards electric cars.

Originally Posted by weth
What did the dealer tell you? I got the version updated from 487 to 566 after seeing MMI screen pausing. There was much reluctance and I had to keep pushing the issue. Finally said ok, they had car for a full day updating.

This should be part of maintenance, not something you must plead for.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default DIS

Hi guys

I hope to have my car back with the latest software today, so will let you know what it is. I have been told by the garage that I can not update the DIS S/W as my car did not have the version released with it.

It make no sense... back to Tesla example (which I agree with)

As I am in the UK, does anyone know if I can get the DIS updated else where?

I wish I could just buy the S/W disc/ card off ebay to do it my self... Audi are rubbish at this.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darreln
Doesn't that just **** you off? Here we are in 2013, and ANY device on the planet can be upgraded to a later / better version, EXCEPT a $70k+ car. Really? This should NOT be so difficult.
Agreed!

I have a 2013 A7 that I took to the dealer yesterday for the initial 5000 mile service. I asked them to update the MMI software because the screen intermittently freezes.

They actually reloaded the 0566 software and said that that was the most current version they had. No 0609 available.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got my A7 yesterday and when I checked the MMI version it showed 0619 I don't know if the Europe version differ from the US one.

and I noticed something there is "System update" function that ask me to point to the update file ...

and here some pics
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Latest S/W Versions ???