A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Headlight question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeselnik
Hi guys...thanks for the comments, but keep trying please...

It's not the high beam as that is part of the bi-xenon (as DeerHunter mentioned). That was easily tested and the xenons get brighter and these bulbs don't light up when you turn on the brights or flash them.

It's not the fog lights as the fog light switch doesn't turn them on and per the manual the fog light switch is for the 'rear fog lights'. And it does turn on the rear fog lights.

As DeerHunter mentioned, it may be a cornering lamp, but after researching/testing I suspect that's part of the 'Adaptive xenon plus headlights' (which are only available on the Prestige). It is mentioned briefly/vaugely in the manual to turn on the Adaptive lighting in the MMI and with the light switch in 'auto' you would have conering lamps. But I don't have that option in the MMI. Also, I tried to get them to turn on with the turn signals or just by turning the steering wheel...I have tested both of these with the car in motion and someone watching, those bulbs don't come on.

I'm open to any and all ideas...thanks!
it's a fog light. there is a small button next to the rear fog light which has like a cloud on it and rain. push it and you will see.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DenissM
it's a fog light. there is a small button next to the rear fog light which has like a cloud on it and rain. push it and you will see.
I agree, this is turned on when I put my fog lights on... this may be a Euro thing, as mentioned on an earlier post and US does not have this.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

To viks07 and DenissM...it sounds like if you aren't in the US then it is for foglights (I don't have that foglight button you mention, the one with the cloud/light).

To tenspeed...it already has bulbs from the factory (came that way).

Here in the US I'm thinking that MacA7 is correct...it's for nothing.

Sorry to say, but I think thats the answer?!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeselnik
To viks07 and DenissM...it sounds like if you aren't in the US then it is for foglights (I don't have that foglight button you mention, the one with the cloud/light).

To tenspeed...it already has bulbs from the factory (came that way).

Here in the US I'm thinking that MacA7 is correct...it's for nothing.

Sorry to say, but I think thats the answer?!
I do have the cloud button here in the US, in my prestige with LEDS it is called weather lights, in your car might be different but we do have them here in the US in some models, it is so weird, hazard lights maybe?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

there is a fog light button in the premium plus, but it is for rear fog lights only. The light is a non operational turning light. I don't know what's available outside the USA, but its irrelevant in this conversation anyway.