A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

HDD is playing Jedi Mind-Tricks on me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDD is playing Jedi Mind-Tricks on me...

As if I hadn't paid the price I paid for the car, the MMI is playing witth my mind and decides to F**K me over.

I was cruising along at 15 Km/h in this city of mine and suddenly, songs on the jukebox stop working. I try to play a song and I hear sounds that resemble a casette-tape on fast-forward. Scrambled high pitched squeaks and static is all I get. No song works properly, plus some songs are grayed out and I can't even select them.

I proceed to reset the MMI(jukebox and sound settings) to factoy settings and wipe out everything on it, and doing a hard-reset(press MENU + down left option button + center wheel button + upper right option button) all together. I then recopied my songs to the jukebox and everything worked fine until today when I got in my car and music would not resume from where it stopped last night(as it usually does). All my music from the SD card and Bluetooth connected iPod worked, but Jukebox(as a source) was greyed out and I couldn't select it. I tried a hard reset again. but nothing. Also, navigation doesn't work and it says that "Navigation Data are Invalid". I am 100% sure that this is an HDD problem!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the dealer today to get this sorted out! As it turns out, Audi released this pseudo-recall just yesterday and they did not have the time to order the CD's and Units for a fix.

The fix(depends on the problem) is achieved by replacing the whole MMI unit(as Audi does not replace a cable, jumper or the HDD and they prefer replacing the whole unit) or if it's a case of an HDD read error, the fix is a mere update of the software version.