A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Sunroof AutoClosure

Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof AutoClosure

All,

I have had my Daytona Gray A7 Prestige for a couple months and new to the forums.

I have searched but can not find an answer if there is a setting either through setup or VAG to allow for the sunroof to close when the car is turned off.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Sully
Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxsully
All,

I have had my Daytona Gray A7 Prestige for a couple months and new to the forums.

I have searched but can not find an answer if there is a setting either through setup or VAG to allow for the sunroof to close when the car is turned off.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Sully
The Pre-Sense Plus system automatically initiates preventive protective measures – including tightening the seatbelts, closing the sunroof and side windows and priming the brakes to full stopping force – if it determines a collision is imminent.

Based on that description, the controls and mechanism are all in place to close the roof automatically, it only needs the appropriate programming, if available. For other models there is a Vag-Com mod to close the windows automatically, I have not seen that implemented for the A7 yet.

This reasonable question needs an answer from one of the programming gurus.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fkaufman
The Pre-Sense Plus system automatically initiates preventive protective measures – including tightening the seatbelts, closing the sunroof and side windows and priming the brakes to full stopping force – if it determines a collision is imminent.

Based on that description, the controls and mechanism are all in place to close the roof automatically, it only needs the appropriate programming, if available. For other models there is a Vag-Com mod to close the windows automatically, I have not seen that implemented for the A7 yet.

This reasonable question needs an answer from one of the programming gurus.
Thre easiest way is to set the remote key to open and close windows and sunroof, which would entail just pressing and holding the lock button to close the windows and sunroof and pressing the unlock button on the remote key fob to open the windows and suunroof.

This feature can be enabled with a VCDS (VAG-Com) and when enabled in the MMI, you have the option of setting up which windows either back or front and or sunroof to open and close.

The other way, which i wouldn't recommend would be to hack the pre-sense system, you would re-write either the code or if there is already a sub-routine written in to activate pre-sense's impending collison system while the car isnt moving. Which is probably there for testing purposes, however that take alot of time with someone that is familiar with Audi systems. This is not the way to go, for safety, legal, i can think of a million reasons why you just should not go this route, besides not all A7's are equipped with Pre-sense system

the 1st choice is better