A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audi supplier program

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi supplier program

I am sure I will find the right answer here, I know the Audi supplier program gives a 6% discount from MSRP to people who are employed (or used to be employed) by companies that supply Audi some kind of service or product.
I work at Merrill Lynch which is owned by Bank of America so I am eligible.
(The list of companies is pretty big)
Some dealers make you believe they cannot discount any further, that is not true, I am not sure if they get 2 or 3% from Audi when they sell a car through the program, but I know they can sell you a car at 8% off MSRP (in case they get 2%) and don't make money in order to fulfill certain quota and look better to the eyes of Audi corporate.
Anybody has had 9% off with this program? I already have an offer from a dealer at 8% off which I believe is pretty fair, even if they get 1% it is completely fair they make "something"
Anyways what I didn't like about my dealership, and that is the reason I am buying from another one further away, is that they concealed the existence of this program, if we are negotiating and they don't want to give a further discount than 3% off MSRP why not telling me "excuse me by any chance do you happen to work to one of these firms? You can get 6% off no further negotiations" And once I told them about the existence of the program they told me "that depletes our profit completely and you will be buying at cost so there is no more discounts I can give you" when I told him that they get 2% back from Audi he said "oh yeah what about I give you 1% more for a total of 7% off?"
I called the other dealer and they offered 8% off without lies and/or half truths.

I don't know if there is something similar with another brands, but it is moronic and greedy for a dealer to not use it as a selling tool, if they think they will sell at MSRP and make 6%-7% of every single car they are wrong, better to push the program to everybody and make 2-3%, and as I said if another brands like BMW, Mercedes or even Porsche which is part of the same corporation than Audi doesn't offer that, it is a way to keep your clients in your brand.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting a discount much beyond 6% is not easy if you're ordering. My order for a 2016 S6 was at 6% (ACNA) + AudiCare and I don't think I could have done much better without wasting a LOT of my time.

If you're looking at taking a car off the lot, particularly if that model is about to be refreshed, then you can do better than 6%, even if you're not eligible for supplier pricing.

I think you're putting too much faith in the knowledge of the sales advisor. Many honestly do not know about the supplier discount program. For those that do, most can do little more than tell you to check with your HR department to see if your company offers a discount because the list of eligible companies is very long, or suggest that you join ACNA.

I'd also suggest that you may want to take a less adversarial approach to negotiating. If you always go in trying to "beat" the other party you're going to come away frustrated and angry more often than not and may never come to a deal that meets your original expectations. Try to find a middle ground that makes both sides happy. Remember, there's a lot more to negotiate on than just the sale price.

EDIT: Also, on the note of Porsche, go try to buy a Macan and see how they treat you if you try to negotiate. There are still cars being sold higher than MSRP in some areas.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Getting a discount much beyond 6% is not easy if you're ordering. My order for a 2016 S6 was at 6% (ACNA) + AudiCare and I don't think I could have done much better without wasting a LOT of my time.

If you're looking at taking a car off the lot, particularly if that model is about to be refreshed, then you can do better than 6%, even if you're not eligible for supplier pricing.

I think you're putting too much faith in the knowledge of the sales advisor. Many honestly do not know about the supplier discount program. For those that do, most can do little more than tell you to check with your HR department to see if your company offers a discount because the list of eligible companies is very long, or suggest that you join ACNA.

I'd also suggest that you may want to take a less adversarial approach to negotiating. If you always go in trying to "beat" the other party you're going to come away frustrated and angry more often than not and may never come to a deal that meets your original expectations. Try to find a middle ground that makes both sides happy. Remember, there's a lot more to negotiate on than just the sale price.

EDIT: Also, on the note of Porsche, go try to buy a Macan and see how they treat you if you try to negotiate. There are still cars being sold higher than MSRP in some areas.
I do not take the negotiating process as a competition where I need to beat the other side, what bothered me is the Sales Manager (not the sales advisor) is the one who concealed the existence of a supplier discount program (and he never mentioned the ACNA discount either) and he lied saying "they do not make anything when they sell under the supplier discount program so that was the bottom line price period" and later when I told him Audi gives 2% (maybe 3% I am not sure) to the dealership by doing that he accepted it and he offered me 1% on top of the 6%.

so basically you have two scenarios here as an Audi dealership, at least that was my experience
1 Try to sell a car at a 4% below MSRP and make 2% on the sale.
or
2 Explain the options to the buyer, he might be working with a "supplier" (or he might be member of ACNA) and sell the car at 6% off MSRP and STILL MAKE THE 2%.

Option 2 obviously will leave the client happier and they still make 2%.

And because of that I am now buying the car from the other dealer who offered 8% without any hassles.

But basically my post was asking if anyone knows if another brand offers a similar program, maybe Porsche does because they are part of the same group, and maybe that Macan that is being sold at a markup price could be bought for less than MSRP just because the car and the buyer are eligible for a similar program.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
But basically my post was asking if anyone knows if another brand offers a similar program, maybe Porsche does because they are part of the same group, and maybe that Macan that is being sold at a markup price could be bought for less than MSRP just because the car and the buyer are eligible for a similar program.
Most brands have a supplier discount program (remember GM's "everyone gets employee pricing"?), I just don't think it's as widely abused as Audi's as a result of their including ACNA.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

"Supplier discounts" vary greatly and there is no consistency. My wife works for a large NJ based Pharma company. When buying her 2013 MB, I finally found a dealer with a printed "rebate" form that gave $1500 for a C class and $2500 for an E class (other MB car lines got different discuounts). When I ordered my 2014 A7, the discount for this same company was a flat 6% and dealer kicked in another 2%. The week I took delivery, Audi offered another $1500 for owners of "competitive brands" (my wifes E350 Coupe) and when I told the Audi finance manager about it, he first said "that offer has expired", then "we already gave that to you. I had to point our this was a new offer and got it applied that week - for a total of over 9% off MSRP. It's not beating them up - just being informed and looking for every deal out there.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

BTW- I also went into the local NJ BMW dealer and asked about a discount program for this same large NJ based pharma company company and they had none (according to the salesman I spoke with...)
Old 01-05-2015, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can certainly get below 6% as my dealer already wiped off the 6% I got down to 9-10% and they threw in Audi Care. I was Sold.. Keep in my they do give u an additional $1500 off if you drive a competitors car like what's been stated or are a loyal Audi driver and you also get a discount for being a ACNA member. So you can rack up the discounts if u play it right.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JakesAudiA7
You can certainly get below 6% as my dealer already wiped off the 6% I got down to 9-10% and they threw in Audi Care. I was Sold.. Keep in my they do give u an additional $1500 off if you drive a competitors car like what's been stated or are a loyal Audi driver and you also get a discount for being a ACNA member. So you can rack up the discounts if u play it right.
+1

I received all available rebates / incentives on top of the 6% supplier program discount when I purchased my 2012 A7. (the supplier program fine print also states the 6% is in addition to available incentives that the buyer may qualify for)

Keep in mind they'll require a current pay stub copy to submit to Audi when completing the sale.

Good luck with the new purchase Feralc. Looking forward to the pics when she gets in your stable.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Is there a list of companies that qualify?
Old 01-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glacier6
Is there a list of companies that qualify?
The supplier program ends every year and according to the advisor it gets renewed every year, he has never seen the program going anywhere, I really doubt there will me major modifications to the program and this is what 2014 had
All new, untitled, and unreported MY14 and MY15 Audi vehicles are eligible with the exception of RS 5 (Coupe & Cabriolet), Q5 hybrid, RS 7, A8 W12, TT RS and R8.
In order to qualify, you must be currently employed at one of the eligible companies included on the PDF list of suppliers found above and present your most recent pay stub for validation.
Attached Files

Quick Reply: Audi supplier program