A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Old 11-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Age, Location and why A7

Hey guys, I'm interested to know a little bit about our A7 Owners. As for me, I'm 28 years old male and living in Portland Oregon. Most people asked me why I didn't buy something else that fits my age. I bought it because I love the way it looks and the car handles extremely well for a sedan.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

30, M, Los Angeles, CA. - Prestige, Drivers Assist, 19' sport package - delivery in Mid-Dec 2011.

I'm about the age where having a sedan is practical. I don't need a huge amount of horsepower and I'd like something a little unique. Having the A7 brings flair, good performance, great handling, versatility, and a certain uniqueness. I certainly hope all these COTY awards don't migrate the A7 to mass-production. I'm keeping my fingers-crossed but that uniqueness at this price range was a major deciding factor.

I get the same question from many friends asking why not an M3, GTR, or something like that. I find those types of cars: 1 - gaudy, 2 - overpowered, 3 - missing the refinements. This is one of the few nice cars that temper their power with some level of refinement. The only real alternative for me was a Model S Tesla but infrastructure was the biggest concern. A close second was an Jaguar XF but reliability and their latest interior wasn't spectacular. As a side note to the latest troll (A7 demen), I find the latest model CLS gaudy simply for the purposes of show as opposed to having any sense of subtle refinement. For my own tastes, it is not-attractive but my sister is eyeing it for her next car so there are ranges of opinion on it.

Summary: I don't think there's a real market for young professionals who want some style mixed in with responsibility. I believe Audi has hit on it and I would consider the A7 representative of a young responsible man's spirit. I add the caveat of spirit as opposed to actual age.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

66; Southampton, Ontario; 20 inch Sports 'S'-line, Moonlight Blue, Grey & open Ash Wood (np Heads-up; LED
or Bang & Olufson).

Why: excellent combination of space needs; drivability; performance and adaptive cruise control
for cross-country trips. Great winter car as well.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

64, M, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Impala Beige A7 with all available options except Bose/B&O and ventilated seats.

The only large coupe I found that is not rear wheel drive. It was a retirement present from me to me.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

39, Atlanta GA, Prestige, Havanna Black/Nougat, Innovation, 20" Sport, Cold Weather

I chose the A7 because of its styling inside and out, technology, performance and handling. To me there isn't another car out there that is as practical, good looking, bettering performing, or tech packed for the money.

Also in Atlanta BMW's and Mercedes are a dime a dozen. Panamera and CLS are too gaudy for my taste. The A7 has head turning styling without screaming hey look at me!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by d2000one

Also in Atlanta BMW's and Mercedes are a dime a dozen. Panamera and CLS are too gaudy for my taste. The A7 has head turning styling without screaming hey look at me!

100% agree.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

32, San Francisco. (Quartz Grey Metallic, Prestige, 20" Sports, Nougat)

Not sure why your friends think an A7 is not appropriate for your age... Its packed with the most technology and innovation of any car on the road today. It looks like something out of the (2011) TRON movie - have you counted how many LED's it has. Its low and wide and looks like a cougar ready to pounce. It screams class but in an understated way.

I bought the A7 because as soon as I laid eyes on it, I fell in love. When i drove it, I fell in love even more. I sold my Range Rover Sport that i had owned for only a year - to get the A7. Never before have i been so proud to own a car that looks and drives the way this does.

The love story continues ...
Old 11-14-2011, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

33, NJ - Prestige, Innovation, 20", havanna on nougat.

Wanted sporty car with 4 doors and coupe-shape. Just bought a 2011 BMW Z4 3.5is with manual transmission for those days when you just want a sporty car.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

37, Northwest. Prestige, Sports, Side Assist, Moonlight Blue/Nougat/Ash.

I just fell in love with this car.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

43, Wokingham UK, Phantom Black TDi Quattro, SLine with 20" 5 segment alloys.

I had two A4 cabriolets before I bought my A7 and I simply decided that I wanted something completely different. Something that provided more space, combined with style, road presence and stuffed to the gills with tech kit LOL. Seriously though, I am still impressed with my car and the important thing for me is that everytime I drive it, it offers a great sense of occasion. The other reason for choosing it is the exclusivity, hardly any A7s on UK roads at the moment, so somewhat amusing to see people doing double takes as I drive by

Would I buy another one, absolutely yes !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7