A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 SUV (Ski Utility Vehicle)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A7 SUV (Ski Utility Vehicle)

Just got back from my first weekend of skiing with my new A7.

The hatch with the split folding seats is very convenient for getting skis to the mountain.

The heavy duty winter floor mats are great for catching all the mud and gunk.

The rear defroster does a terrific job of melting the snow and ice from the rear window. Daughter loved the rear heated seats.

It was kinda fun pulling up to the ski drop with the A7 next to a line of SUVs - lots of nice compliments on the car.

Skiing was awesome!

Quattro was perfect for safe ride home through a wintry mixture of snow and rain.
Attached Images     

Last edited by looking@audi; 02-24-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Any other ski fans with an A7 on this forum?
Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Any other ski fans with an A7 on this forum?
Me! But i'm still in shock at seeing the state of your floor mats and the skis laying bareback.

I think for the first year of ownership, when I finally get the car, I'm going to be far too precious to do anything that involves the possibility of bringing vast quantities of the outside environment into the car

Otherwise, I'd love to drive the A7 down to the Alps for skiing!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I am not a skier, but I was surprised to see that you just dump the skis in the trunk. I got an Audi ski-bag with the car (total waste as I don't use it), didn't you?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pilot Morgan

I think for the first year of ownership, when I finally get the car, I'm going to be far too precious to do anything that involves the possibility of bringing vast quantities of the outside environment into the car
Well, I bought the car to drive everyday and have fun on weekends - not to be a garage queen.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fkaufman
I am not a skier, but I was surprised to see that you just dump the skis in the trunk. I got an Audi ski-bag with the car (total waste as I don't use it), didn't you?
No, I don't have an Audi ski bag - and if I did there is no way I would try stuffing 3 pairs of skis and boots into a bag on a ski weekend. I'm not worried about a little snow in the hatch - it will clean up nicely when I have the time.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Great view of Bretton Woods

Originally Posted by looking@audi
Just got back from my first weekend of skiing with my new A7.

Skiing was awesome!

Quattro was perfect for safe ride home through a wintry mixture of snow and rain.
The view is even better in the afternoon with an orange light on the presidential range!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by perlfather
The view is even better in the afternoon with an orange light on the presidential range!
Good eye!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't seem to be too many A7-owning skiers on this forum, so figured I would revive this thread.

While we usually use the wife's SUV for trips to NH/VT, I much preferred the few times last year I used my A8 and now would like to use the A7 this year (particularly on day trips). Curious how other skiers use their A7's on trips to the mountain

Roof Racks?
Ski Pass-Through in rear seats (I don't have a "bag" to protect the seat rest, though)?
Folding down one of the rear seats (which is sub-optional for me as my 2 skiing children can't sit in the front seat yet)

My kids skis are small enough that their skis can easily fit, but wife's and my skis are ~175 / 165 in length

Also, anyone use it as a ski vehicle - and NOT purchase the rubber floor mats (haven't taken that plunge yet)
Old 12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Based on your circumstances, you should get a roof rack and carrier for the skis on top.

Then, get a good still set of winter snow tires and you're going to be all set. I went with Michelin Xi3 ice.

You're right - this is way more fun to drive than a 6000 pound SUV...

Good luck!!!

Quick Reply: A7 SUV (Ski Utility Vehicle)