A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A7 Pictures

I've a loaner A7 this week - phantom black S-Line with technology pack, privacy glass and upgraded wheels. We wanted something with the same engine/gearbox as our A6 due in a month or so.

It really looks amazing, so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures. Before you ask... our Q7 is lowered :-)

It suffers a little torque steer in the dry, but it's the economy we're going for. I managed just over 50mpg (~42mpg US), which is good considering I wasn't trying too hard and the engine had only done 2000 miles.

The ride quality is excellent, I didn't miss the air suspension at all.

The gear changes, as you'd imagine with a CVT box, is extremely smooth. It's going back on Friday, will miss it.

jet
Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics...I love it!

This board needs more pics. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

where are you located?
Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Jet,

Nice pics. I am currently looking at A7s in the UK, quite a few in the Audi dealer network. I have had two A4 cabs over the past 8 years and I am looking for a complete change.

I have an idea of the spec I want, but basically a 3.0 TDi Quattro SLine in Phantom black, 5 segment alloys, privacy glass and some gadgets inside the car too ! Depending on what spec I can find I could go for an Ibis white one instead, so what would you prefer, white or black?

I have had this particular debate on another forum in the UK and it was split half and half. I don't normally like white on large cars but the A7 does carry it off very well and I don't think it is a fad colour anymore.

You must now be tempted to get one

Cheers, Mark
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion, white in the UK is a brave choice. you know how mucky it gets here. We had a silver one a couple of months ago and couldn't get along with the colour at all. It was a basic SE and the seats were aweful, the SLine sports seats are far superior.

The 5 segments are a good choice in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the A6 has started assembly of components even though build week is in 2 weeks, so there's no chance to change it to a 7.

One last thing, with a white car you get a white tray-like boot cover which goes up with the tailgate. Unfortunately, as it's white, it reflects on the inside of the glass. When you look in the rear view mirror, it is very annoying . A darker colour doesn't have this issue.

Good luck with your search. If I see any good A7's for sale, i'll drop you a PM.

jet
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

get white!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking forward to the glacier white...... if it gets here.

The ibis is s bit stark and too bright.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Jetinder,

How did you find the ride from the S-Line suspension on the smaller 19" rims?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetinder
In my opinion, white in the UK is a brave choice. you know how mucky it gets here. We had a silver one a couple of months ago and couldn't get along with the colour at all. It was a basic SE and the seats were aweful, the SLine sports seats are far superior.

The 5 segments are a good choice in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the A6 has started assembly of components even though build week is in 2 weeks, so there's no chance to change it to a 7.

One last thing, with a white car you get a white tray-like boot cover which goes up with the tailgate. Unfortunately, as it's white, it reflects on the inside of the glass. When you look in the rear view mirror, it is very annoying . A darker colour doesn't have this issue.

Good luck with your search. If I see any good A7's for sale, i'll drop you a PM.

jet
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I have been looking around for a nearly new example for sometime. Apparently Audi UK instructed their dealers to order SE spec cars at the launch last year, rather than the sportier SLine models. Which explains why in the Audi UK dealer network there are only a handful of SLines available (in 3.0TDi Quattro guise). Also I have noticed that some dealers have over priced many of their nearly new cars, whilst other dealers (the ones that I am looking at) have priced their cars VERY competitively. For example two identically spec'd SLine cars are available for sale at one dealer with 100 miles on the clock. I priced them up via the Audi configurator and they came out to £60k, they have them on the market for £49950 !!, no brainer decision for me really as it will be a personal purchase rather than company. Given this, why should I take out finance for a brand new car and I end up financing the depreciation as soon as you drive off the forecourt. These two cars I have found make much more sense given my situation. However I have to wait two more weeks to get my finances in place and then I will hopefully go for the Phantom black one, if they still have it.

I also noticed a lot of Havana black A7s in the UK dealer network, many with the brown leather and wood interior. Doesn't really do much for me to be honest ! The Havana black as they call it actually has brown flecks in the paintwork. Phantom is a much nicer black. I have had my current A4 cab for five years now and the phantom paintwork still looks like new.

I will post some pics up as and when I make the purchase, I can't wait