A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2015 A7 - U.S. version

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gema7
I went to the dealership ready to place my order thinking I'd be getting the refreshed model only to hear that wouldn't be the case. My 2 cents, why not wait a year? Its more than a few aesthetic changes, its also a few technological advances based on what I've seen and read. Regardless of wether it is just a few aesthetics or not what sense does it make it put in 70k or sign lease terms to a vehicle that will be immediately viewed as outdated within a year or so by on lookers? Really depends on personal preference but me personally, for the price I'm about to pay, I want the latest model. Again, just my 2 cents. And as they say, "patience is a virtue". Cliche I know haha
I'm really tempted to wait. More than aesthetics and MMI upgrades, I'm thinking we'll get the 272HP TDI. There's not been any info out there (that I could find) on torque rating, but it should go up too which will be really sick. And I hate driving "last year's" model. At least a 2016 will look current for a couple more years. And it is a ton of cash to plunk down on something I'm not certain I'll be happy about.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The headlights LEDs in the "old" model are in my opinion nicer, two sets vs one, I have the VAGCOM mod so the DRL doesn't get cancelled when the turning signal is on and it looks really nice, you can't do that if you share the same LEDS for both functions.
The cluster design is nicer than the "flush" line (you can see an A4/A6 that already has the new design) and are brighter in daylight too (thicker LEDs)

The design is nicer in my opinion as well, it looks more like a R8 headlight than an A6

Besides that, the taillights, exhaust and tech improvements are really nice on the newer model.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
The headlights LEDs in the "old" model are in my opinion nicer, two sets vs one, I have the VAGCOM mod so the DRL doesn't get cancelled when the turning signal is on and it looks really nice, you can't do that if you share the same LEDS for both functions.
The cluster design is nicer than the "flush" line (you can see an A4/A6 that already has the new design) and are brighter in daylight too (thicker LEDs)
great analysis, in total agreement regarding the 2015 LED feralc!
ps: how did you do the VAGCOM mod? i'll do a search if redundant
Old 07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
great analysis, in total agreement regarding the 2015 LED feralc!
ps: how did you do the VAGCOM mod? i'll do a search if redundant
Having seen my 2015 S7 for the first time yesterday I can confirm it looks like the 2014 with some options now standard. I like the current headlights so it is a matter of taste. Will the 2016 be a June launch or later next year?

I will have the car this weekend if questions come up.