A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2015 A7 - U.S. version

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 A7 - U.S. version

Well, boys and girls. Looks like we're not getting the mid-cycle refresh that's all over the Internet. I have a 2015 TDI Prestige on order that's just been finished and will be leaving Germany any day. Proposed stateside arrival the week of July 14. Should I cancel and hold out for the updates? I really want the new lights, grille, and possibly the revised engine with 272HP.

Last edited by Zatmeen; 06-19-2014 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Attachments include too much personal info
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zatmeen
Well, boys and girls. Looks like we're not getting the mid-cycle refresh that's all over the Internet. I have a 2015 TDI Prestige on order that's just been finished and will be leaving Germany any day. Proposed stateside arrival the week of July 14. Attached are photos from dealer training that I was given by my salesperson. Should I cancel and hold out for the updates? I really want the new lights, grille, and possibly the revised engine with 272HP.

I feel your pain. I was holding out hope for a "secret" refresh on the A6 I have on order. Beyond the aesthetics, I was hoping to have the improved MMI's modular design for any future enhancements.

I've been waiting since April. While the updated would be nice, I can't see waiting another year. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here are the screen shots:

Old 06-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks. What is the source of the 2015 A7 info?
thanks
Old 06-19-2014, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, boys and girls. Looks like we're not getting the mid-cycle refresh that's all over the Internet. I have a 2015 TDI Prestige on order that's just been finished and will be leaving Germany any day. Proposed stateside arrival the week of July 14. Should I cancel and hold out for the updates? I really want the new lights, grille, and possibly the revised engine with 272HP.
The refresh will be a 2016 model for North America. Another year to wait.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wiseguy67
Thanks. What is the source of the 2015 A7 info?
thanks
Source is my dealer rep who got it from a training class.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My 2015 is now set for June 28th to hit port and it was dealer confirmed that it will not be the new design. It was ordered back in March. I would not wait a year just to see
some mild changes in the front and rear. I assume it would be that long.

In the end the 2015 got me the right to pay $680 more for the same car as I optioned out as a 2014.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

This was all hashed out on a thread a while back - the updated car will either be a 2015.5 or an early 2016, released in the US in 1Q2015 calendar year.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I went to the dealership ready to place my order thinking I'd be getting the refreshed model only to hear that wouldn't be the case. My 2 cents, why not wait a year? Its more than a few aesthetic changes, its also a few technological advances based on what I've seen and read. Regardless of wether it is just a few aesthetics or not what sense does it make it put in 70k or sign lease terms to a vehicle that will be immediately viewed as outdated within a year or so by on lookers? Really depends on personal preference but me personally, for the price I'm about to pay, I want the latest model. Again, just my 2 cents. And as they say, "patience is a virtue". Cliche I know haha
Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gema7
I went to the dealership ready to place my order thinking I'd be getting the refreshed model only to hear that wouldn't be the case. My 2 cents, why not wait a year? Its more than a few aesthetic changes, its also a few technological advances based on what I've seen and read. Regardless of wether it is just a few aesthetics or not what sense does it make it put in 70k or sign lease terms to a vehicle that will be immediately viewed as outdated within a year or so by on lookers?
In terms of onlookers, I don't think a casual onlooker would see the 2012-15 design as outdated. A die hard Audi fan will notice the refresh changes, and some will like them better, some will prefer the "legacy" A7 design. But in waiting a year you will also miss out on some damn fine fun!

Quick Reply: 2015 A7 - U.S. version